Motorcycle Forums banner

2004 Big Dog Ridgeback

67K views 139 replies 50 participants last post by  seruzawa 
#1 ·
Yet Another Rigid Clone...

<a>I think if I see another rigid chopper I'm going to heave. Mind you the best looking customs are the rigids' because of their clean rear quarters--but that's it! Back "in the day" when a rigid was a rigid for a reason, then they had merit.

Now, I suggest you get eBass' arse on one of the new Pantera's:

Pantera Motorcycles

#5 ·
Personally, I think you're an idiot, if you actually go out and buy one of these pigs...
LOL, gee Sean, why don't you tell us how you really feel?

Unfortunately, EBass decided to sell the story to another rag, so even though MO was legally responsible for the bike, we didn't really get anything out of it, aside from Fonzie using it as a prop to shoot nudie pics of a lady friend (see below for the rated-PG versions).
Alright, Fonz! Even if MO didn't get anything out it, we, the readers, sure did.

PS: WTF, Eric?

#6 ·
You've got to be kidding me right? More choppers? Stopp with the Choppers already.

Saw one of these $30K plus chrome and flamed steeds throw his rider 50+ feet in Sycamore Illinois this last Saturday afternoon. Chopper Moron Boy pulled out of Pierce Harley at a speed usually reserved for space shuttle launches. He was wearing all the typical chopper safety gear: river sandals, shorts, wife beater T shirt and dew-rag. He put her down in the ditch after show boating for his buddy on a Buell at 80+. Damn thing is - he lived.

This thing is a suicide machine. All you chopper addicts, smooth another layer of medicine on your road rash and head over to: www.chopperflop.com.

Hey MO: How about some more stories about bikes WE enthusiasts who are sophisticated enough to have internet access - like to read.

My .02.

Ride for life.

#7 ·
Build your own

Choppers are only cool if you build it yourself. Period. It was an individual expression of man and machine once, in a far away galaxy, a long long time ago. Then the rich guys found em, thought they were cool, and well there goes the neighborhood. This bike is just like the rest. Cool if you built it, and uncool if you bought it.

#9 ·
Re: Umm Sean...

True, the 250 Testarossas will never ever go out of style. However, the 85 - 91 (pre 512TR) Testarossas were heavy handed, overly complex and quickly past their shelf life. -Sean

#10 ·
Re: Umm Sean...

Excellent point. That said, should ever a pre 512TR find it's way into my garage, I doubt I would spend much time picking over its faults. I'd probably spend the first couple of hours just staring at it, sitting in it, breathing it in, before I'd even consider taking it for a spin. Then I'd probably put on my clown makeup and head straight for Starbucks. Or wherever there are hot women that probably don't know any better.

#14 ·
Well, that's, um...

...well, yeah.

Thanks, I suppose, for providing me with more inspiration for my ultimate goal in life:

Take lots and lots of money from really, really stupid people.

Hey, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of sport-tourer shootout posted here a few months ago or so? Is ebass riding the things to Tierra del Fuego in the interest of Total Coverage?

#15 ·
Boring, very uncomfortable, very unreliable and actually dangerous. What is the big atraccion? Thay make the ones who don't know how to ride a bike, look cool!

At least if you build it yourself, you show some aptitude, but to shell out big bucks for one? You are better off getting a V-Rod, at least it has some style and performance.

#17 ·
real bikes? please?

Hey how about we see some real bikes on this site. Noone cares about another parts magazine chopper. How about some bikes that turn corners, or some news, some coverage of something motorcycle related? Privateer racing? motogp interviews? you guys have phones. call hayden or colin. just post something besides damn choppers or crusiers. hell, want a story! how about the ugliest zx-6r ever. call me ill send pictures....

#20 ·
Hey I enjoyed the testing of this bike. I like knowing just how bad these things are. Every one knows a fad when they see one, don't let them make you mad. Just enjoy the fact that you have something to make fun of. Then run up beside one of these on your Honda Rebel and laugh at him as you leave him for dead in a curve or he throws himself into a ditch trying to keep up with you.

#23 ·
I'm not a chopper fan, but I'll take pics of them over pics of tattooed skanks giving us the finger. Yikes.

Oy vay, couldn't you find any nice girls in the trailer park that day? That tall drink of herp made me itch just looking at her.

Sorry if she's someone here's sister or daughter or both. But if so...damn, buy her some multivitamins and tell her to get some sunshine. Filleted whitefish looks less pasty.

#25 ·
So did we ever get to the bottom of when the sport touring shootout is?

MO: Pluheesseee no mo choppers. Here are some other "ideas" for articles:

Best bikes under $10K

Best entry level machines: rebel, etc.

Best dual pupose bikes

How about a story on MSF?

#26 ·
Re: Build your own

Buying someone else's "custom" is just plain pathetic.

I chopped my old W2650SS back in '72. I even made a pair of struts which I installed and rode on for a period of 3 days after which I threw them away. I can't imagine anyone actually spending 25 large for a bike without rear suspension.

I occasionally get parts at Bill's Boneyard in Magna, Ut. Bill was telling me a couple of weeks ago that he is totally sold out of front wheels from old 125-175cc Japanese bikes. He had hundreds of them just a couple of years ago. You see, guys are buying them to use as chopper front wheels.

Even when I rode choppers I thought those fools who would put a spool front wheel on a panhead with that 1" wide rear drum brake (remember those?) were really demented idiots. Style is one thing, but that's just plain foolhardiness. Those tiny front drum brakes may be legal but they are also worthless.

Oh yeah another "cool" trick was to use a dentist's mirror intead of functional mirrors.

Why don't these rubbies just go all the way and put on sucide shifters as well? I mean, go all the way!! Suicide shift, originals, dental mirror, ape hangers and 5" diameter front drum brakes....going out in a blaze of glory, rear tire smoking and Jack Daniel's fumes fllling the air, as they crash while barhopping.

Engrave crossed armchaps on the headstone and christen the grave via EZ_Leakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.