Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
He didn't say he was planning to tow stalled cars.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Just imagine sitting in the endless S Florida traffic on a 95 degree day sitting on a GSXR750 or a CB1000RR with all the heat those high output engine generate.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Longnazi and the Seven Swift Boat Dwarfs are the best

Imagine how good he'll be at it when he's finally old enough to get a license.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Get one of those new Buell Lightning CITYX bikes

Haters who have absolutely no experience with them but somehow still know everything about them.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Is the GSX-R 750 enough?

I'm still trying to figure out just where in S. Florida anyone is going to use the top speed of either bike. So, a CBR is what, 15mph faster than the GSXR? What difference does it make on public roads? Does he desire to be frog marched to jail instead of merely handcuffed? Is that it?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Get one of those new Buell Lightning CITYX bikes

Point taken. I feel the same way about American passenger cars.

Ya gotta admit though that most of the haters haven't ever sat on a Buell, much less ridden or owned one.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Addendum

I was looking at some stats and noticed that even my 13 year old boat anchor of a shaft drive air-oil cooled ancient obsolete Suzuki 1100G gets a 0-60 of 3.1 seconds. Quicker than the latest wunderbike. Sure, it'll go wailing by me by the time I hit 100MPH, but there's not much use for that performance curve on the street.

Nope. Race replicas are not suited to urban warfare. The gearing is all wrong, not to mention the heating problems and visibility and quickness of steering issues.

Go with the Speed Triple. Yes. Mmmmmmmm. Speed Triple.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: 1950's tech

Actrually inline-4s have been around since the 1910s.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Re: Dwarfs and Trolls

Gosh. It's only been two weeks since you last posted on MO. That's a record. Usually it takes two months or more for you to string this many words together.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
After consideration I'd say your best choices would be an SV650, a Concours or a VFR (older one).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts