Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Too bad the Revolution engine is still limited to the V-Rod. They ought to be using it in touring, sport touring and muscle bikes and going beyond the handling limitations of the cruiser format.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wow. four posts already and it hasn't turned into a sportbike vs harley cage match.... unbelievable.

It's too bad that Harley decided to leave the lower spec suspension on the 1200 sportster. At least the gave it a fatter rear tire. It looks the better for it.

Still waiting for pics of the new Honda Superhawk....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Having sold my 1999 hot rod Dyna-Glide in favor of Ducati and a Kawasaki ZZR 1200, I have to admit that the new Sportster 1200 Roadster is a bike that appeals to me. I guess I'll have make more room in the garage.

Perhaps some narrower bars and rearsets?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Unfortunately, I feel that Harley really needed to do much much more than they have to stay in their ranking. With an overbuilt factory capacity and the wealth of other brand heavyweight cruisers coming out this might prove to be a difficult year for Harley and that might upset me. Come on H-D throw more wood on the fire...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Amazing that Harley waited this long to make the Sportster rideable!! I think I'll test drive one and then offer 'em $1500 below MSRP...also painting a bike a different color does not make it a different model. They need to put that great Porsche engine in a decent frame!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The V-Rod looks great in black, They might have done a little better with it if it came out black to start with.

My favorite, the FXDX should be even better with EFI, I'm gonna' have to find room in my wallet for one soon

Not too sure about the Road Glide but taste is a personal matter

The new Sporty looks good, with some much needed improvements, I hate to see them drop the sport model though, What does Harley have against performance and handling?.

I'm surprised to hear you bagging on Sportsters so much ebass, I thought mine were a flat-out kick in the ass, I guess it's just what you're used to.

If Harley can get through the bounce from all the 100 year sales the next few years should be good to them as well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The new 1200 Sportsters are the first Harley's I find attractive as all around bikes. It will be fun to test ride one, not that I would trade my Ducati ST2 or Triumph Thunderbird Sport for one, but it does look like fun. If the 70/79 figures are close to real, it should perform well.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Figuring the standard horsepower loss from brochure to dyno, the power-to-weight ratio of the 1200 will be slightly worse than last year's model. The 883 will be much worse.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
EBass a Sporty hater? Say it ain't so EB! The Sporty needed a face lift, and it also needed the Buell motor in it. Can't figure why they didn't go ahead and do that, at least for the Sport model. The rest of the stuff is "same ole" in different colors. New platform for Revolution engine is needed. Maybe next year.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Seems to me the Buells are the Sporty version of the Sportster. If I were thinking about a Harley and needed someting entry level like a Sportster but with quite a bit more sport then my ass would probably land on an XB9S. HD kills two birds with one stone. No need to make a Sportster Sport that most people arent using the Sport part of anyway and they get to keep making money on the XB9s even though all the HP junkies will be stepping up to the XB12S. Yeah, I think Harley knows what they are doing even if it doesn't always make sense to the rest of us.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Interesting, Harley comes out with BNG, and BNC (bold new chrome), makes one of there best sellers a weeker model, and the masses are not howling. A Jap company comes out with this little and everyone goes apesh*t.

Whats with the ugly fairing on the touring bikes (I appoligize, I still connot wrap my little brain arround the Harley naming conventions). I know eye of the beholder, but ye gads.

I still would like Harley to take the Vrod motor in a full fairing (or even half) with decent hard luggage and a sportier performance mark (i'll get flamed for this), and make an American Connie.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Well, they might have overbuilt, but it hasn't caught up with them yet. H-D can't make enough bikes to keep up and they just opened a new factory. I agree they need to do more, but only because I'm greedy and want a racing orange 883R with 80 horses.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yaaawwwwwnnnnnnn ..... zzzzzzzzzzzzz

give harley credit, they've got cajones the size of mellons to call ANYTHING they did this year (or any other year) a "major redesign." honda innovates more on one bike than harley does across its entire line.

OTOH ... they sure do hold their resale value, eh?

Yaaaawwwwnnnnnn. Scratch, scratch, scratch.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.