Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Very good article......thanks for throwing us dirt bike guys an occasional bone.I rode an early version Yamaha 250 4S,but its hard hot starting ruined the fun(I hear they fixed the problem).My son's friend is buying a Honda so I may get to ride it. It would be neat if you could arrange a 250 4S shootout;at least one MORON would appreciate it!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Wow, this makes me actually want to try it in the dirt. BTW, isnt there some kind of rule against this much content in one day? You are going to give the whiners a collective heart attack. Great job, MO.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Great article!

The print mags and other sites use input from experts and top ranked pros. Nice to get some input from guys who ride more like me!

Now go snag a ride on a CRF250X! Off-roaders want to know!

·
Registered
730 Posts
You would be right if 250 4 strokes competed against 250 4 strokes;but allowing the 250's to run against the 125 2 strokes negates the power advantage.As a fat 52 year old "lifetime novice" I found the modern 250 2 strokes a handful and the 125's too peaky and hard to ride. The more friendly power curve of the 250 4 stroke (as compared to the 125 2 stroke) and the agility of the 250 4 stroke (as compared to the 250 2 stroke)fit me best.At this point Im leaning towards a 400 4 stroke but these 250 4 strokes are enticing......the big question is---which ones best? The answer is probably they're all good....pick your favorite color!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: excellent, lads...

Hey Johnny, you don't really care to read a review of that overweight, overhyped dungheap from the Evil Empire, do you?

But you are right about the switch from crack to chystal meth! It seems to be working well.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Thanks for a very interesting article. It has been years since I rode a dirt bike (when I was young lad in Colorado). I appreciate the technology and the two vs four stroke thing. Also Fonzie's impressions were cool and I suspect would be close to mine. As a member of the sportbike mafia I will always grant dirt bike articles a pass, since we all know what kind of skill it takes to ride one well. Diversity is a good thing for motorcycle web sites, but no scooters please (to gay for me)

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
What's with these street only guys?

I just don't get it. Very little interest in dirt riding here at MO. I know there are other sites, but doesn't everybody like all things 2 wheeled? Or maybe I'm living in a dream world.

If you want an interesting comparison, read usenet. Rec.motorcycles vs. Rec.motorcycles.dirt. Completely different perspectives.

Are there really motorcyclists that have NEVER ridden off-road? I thought we all learned to ride on Z50's, graduated to 100's, 250's etc. I never even attempted to get a street license until I had been riding off-road for 5 years. Personally, I think that following such a training program is a great idea.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys!

First post, although I've been an MOron for a couple of years.

In the KX250F article, you say that the RM counterpart is exactly the same. I don't believe that's the case. I could be wrong, but I think Kawasaki uses Kayaba forks, while Suzuki uses Showa. I think maybe the rear shocks are different, too...

I'd have to do some supportive research to be sure, but...

Chris

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.