Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice Review

Excellent work, great video, pictures. Love the wheelie shots. By the way V-Strom is a cool concept for a bike. Having grown up in Western Colorado, I could see where this bike could be a lot of fun on dirt and gravel roads. Thanks for the great read.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice work, I see an FZ/DL/599 shoot out may be in order. Good to see the 600 non supersports stepping up to the plate. Hopefully this will also keep the whiners at bay for afew weeks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Somebody has to ask

How's it compare to an SV650?

oh wait.....nevermind

BTW, nice job. Looks like I'm not gonna get much done at work today. THX

·
Registered
406 Posts
MO is back! 4 articles in a day. I like the little changes to the layout too. I knew you guys had something up your sleeve. Although, I think you are gonna give all the whiners a collective heart attack when they log on today.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2nd coming of the Honda Transalp?

Sure looks a lot like a Honda Transalp. The Transalp was only sold in the U.S. for a couple of years around 1990 or so and did not sell well. It's now a cult bike in the U.S. Think the V-Strom 650 will sell any better?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Cute tourer...

My girlfriend is so lusting after one for herself, as a cute/ugly-cute tourer/do-everything bike. And I can see why:

All-day comfort? Check

Big comfy seats for rider and passanger? Check

Big gastank? Check

Able to go on gravel roads without being absolutely suicidal? Check

Ajustable windscreen? Check

Able to cruise at >100 MPH? Check

Luggage available? Check

Low Cost? Check (and then some!)

I wonder if, apart from the not quite amazing acceleration by motorcycle standards (you know, 0-60 in < 5 seconds will still outrace 98% of the cars on the road), it will displace the VFR as the "Sensible Do Damn Everything" bike? When she does get hers, I'll have to do a back to back comparison with my VFR. :)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Who in the hell took those canned shots for Suzuki? MO's shots are nice and crisp while the Suzuki shots look like they were taken with some free promotional digicam. Why bother posting such crap?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Re: Cute tourer...

"Cruise" at 100MPH? In what universe?

I agree tho, it's a very interesting bike. I rode a DL1000 awhile back and thought "if only it was smaller and cheaper and not so buffety/blustery". Well, here we are.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Cool bike, another winner, If they keep this up I'll have to shift my next-bike-euro-centric-plans and go back to Suzuki.

The DL1000 I rode awhile back was a real nice bike and I think their total line up is the best from Japan for real world riding, cheap too

·
Registered
409 Posts
As Big As This Year's Superbike Comparo...well okay maybe not

How aboot an all-out budget blaster comparo?

Including:

Suzuki SV650 (naked or S or better yet, both)

Suzuki V-Strom

Honda 599 (they should have brought over the bikini-faired version as well)

Yamaha FZ600 (they should have brought over the naked version as well)

Yamaha YZF600R (apples to oranges? Heck it costs less than the Honda 599 and the FZ has an R6 motor)

Kawasaki ZZR600 and just for ****s and mostly giggles, a Kawasaki Ninja 250

Triumph Speed 4

and any other non-cruiser/non-dirt motorcycles in the $3000 - $7000 people on budgets range.

·
Registered
295 Posts
For me, this has been an eagerly anticipated bike. I am down to a very short list for a "next addition" to the stable, and this bike seems to fit the bill as a new commuter for me, with the added bonus of being able to eat up a few of the fire roads in North Georgia.

Great job on the review, Sean.

Francis

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Keep the Killer. It will go places you've never dreamed of taking it. I've had mine on mountain passes where you would die if you were on a V-Strom. But, do get the V-strom. It too is interesting.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yuo, I agree. The KLR as it is, about 85lbs lighter....I mean it steers effortlessly too. If anything, the KLR replacement [anybody listening at Kaw?] should be lighter than the original. But similar. The V-Strom is only superficially a "duals-sport". Mind you, some would say that about the KLR, too. I like this new bike tho.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.