Motorcycle Forums banner

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i

22K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  KPaulCook 
#1 ·
Same bike as last year, with a face lift("sleek", "chiseled", "subtle", "vibrant").

Gotta love that triple howl!

#2 ·
Their website(s) still suck!

I hope they aren't paying anyone to maintain the sites. 'Cause they ain't!

I've said it before, I wonder what the people in Newnan (That would be Triumph USA HQ) do all day?

#3 ·
Wow! An off-road use only, oval high mount carbon fiber silencer.

Does this mean it'll come with knobbies too? Jeez, I guess it's time to sell my old XL600.

I expect a full off-road test soon.

#7 ·
So if I paint the air ducts on my 2002 Daytona, put a stripe down the front so it looks like two seperate headlights instead of one, change the logos and the font on the speedo, I too could have a 2004 Daytona!

Naw, I'll keep the one I've got. Now the new Thruxton looks pretty cool...

#19 ·
There was one on display at the International Motorcycle Show in San Mateo, CA last week. The contrast between the Thruxton 900 and the Bonneville was stunning: the Thruxton looked really nice. The guys at the Triumph booth wouldn't let me sit on the bike, though, so I don't know how well the new bars, pegs and seat work... &ltsigh&gt

#21 ·
Ah, So!

Thanks for the link, davyt! I had found the same news release on motorsports network.

It's probably a transparent change, whoever takes on the job. Bloor owns the company, and he is very involved in every detail of company ops. I've asked Corporate Lumps if they can do this or the that- y'know, in response to what the Yanks want- and they all say that if the Boss doesn't want it, it ain't happening.

It seems all the US personnel do is divvie up the bikes, as they take them out of the containers, to the different dealers.

I don't know if you have had the same experience, but the folks at the show (Atlanta, in my case) are pretty clueless about the bikes.

#23 ·
Re: Ah, So!

I can't say I'm privy to how Vaughan's departure will affect U.S. operations but I do know he was well thought of in the industry.

What's worse, the local (Watsonville, CA) dealership has dropped the Triumph line so the closest dealer is now about fifty miles away and over the hill in Silicon Valley.

And, yeah, I didn't get any more info from the workers at the booth...

#26 ·
Is the Union Jack paint job a factory option? I thought it was just on the ValMoto race bikes.

(I'd look at the Triumph website, except it's not accessible from my WebTV.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.