Motorcycle Forums banner

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i

22K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  KPaulCook 
#1 ·
Same bike as last year, with a face lift("sleek", "chiseled", "subtle", "vibrant").

Gotta love that triple howl!

#27 ·
Bleh.

It looks like Triumph's stylists realized they went too far with the 600's X-Treme Origami styling, so they put the bodywork in an industrial steam press to iron out the creases and came out with this.

The 595 was beautiful. The first-gen 955 sharpened the lines without really improving upon them. This new 955 is just dull.

Triumph has been disappointing lately. The Daytona 600 is cartoonish, the Thruxton is great except they forgot 1/3rd of the brakes, and the Rocket 3 monstrosity may well kill them. I'm not optimistic about the next Sprint ST.

#29 ·
Yeah, I love the styling of my 2000 Sprint, but the Daytona 600 is marginal. It's not so much that it's bad, but rather that there's nothing about it that says "British." The Thruxton's a beauty, though, and the R3 will sell well, if for no other reason that given Triumph's small size, they don't have to sell very many in order for it to be a resounding success overall.

#31 ·
Re: How about a retro looking 955cc Triple?

They do. The Thunderbird Sport. Unfortunately, it's bye-bye after this model year.

#32 ·
D'oh!

My bad. You did specify the 955 engine. In which case, I heartily agree with you. That would be a great bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.