Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: He Likes It!!!

To me the whole Japanese cruiser thing is like an alternate universe. It's like everything is off by a few degrees. I think they make great bikes, and it looks like everyone there was having fun doing what they love, but it just seems kinda' odd.

The orange Warrior that Sean was talking about does look cool, and that green chopper with a hand-banger has to be a Yamaha first. All in all it looks like a pretty good time

I agree with you, F451 this kpail political s**t is getting stale. I basically blew off the first 2/3 of this thread because I'm just sick of hearing it. Hopefully with the election over he'll shut the f**k up and we can get back to motorcycling.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Only having one bike does tend to minimize my choices.......

Two weeks in a warm garage seems kind of short. Is it an old battery or has it always been like that?. I think if you put a volt meter between the battery and the ground you can see if you've got a slow drain, then it's just a case of cleaning connections and switches till it's gone.

Between kids, house chores and winter setting in, commuting to work is about 99% of my riding now it's getting dark by 4:30, on my days off it's invariably raining like hell.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Worked the Sandy Eggo AARP contingent pretty hard didja'. Now you have to fly to greener pastures?

Fours years is pretty good for a battery. I'd still check for slow drains, but it might be a combo of cheesey Eye-Tie battery and time caught up with you. It's kind of odd that it never would hold a charge for any real length of time though, that's what would make me wonder about drains. I assume you have a clock on there, but that should draw a pretty minimal amount.

I'd spend a few hours wiggling wires and at least check the charging rate to make sure you're getting a full charge when you are running.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: I'll wiggle

You have to remember that electricity is really smoke. If you're messing around with wires or switches and the smoke gets out it won't work anymore.

Other than that it's a piece of cake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.