Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: Actually

You should be afraid of any candidate that tries to "get" a manufacturer to do anything. The free market will decide if short people can ride sportbikes or you can invent your own.

Buell makes the XB12cg which is for short inseam types.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
They had to have their little cry and now we can talk motorcycles again.

I'm putting new tires on the Duc and I just bought a battery tender so I guess I'm keeping it! New aluminum clutch basket is next!

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Both!

It depends on what you plan to do with it. I've done many 500-600 mile days on the Duc (about a KPaul month).

I'd have to have a chase ambulance to do a 500 mile day on the Brutale. I'm far more anti-social on the MV where on the Duc I'm content to ride at a more relaxed pace (sometimes!).

It's 75 degrees today so why don't you fly out and you can try both.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
The Duc has been #3 since the Brutale arrival. I've taken some trips on the Geezer Glide and the Brutale is for localized terrorizing.

The Duc seems to do a slow drain even after just two weeks of sitting. If it's ridden every day it's no problem but with parenting duties, travel, and two other motorcycles I don't have enough time to ride them all!

My last girlfriend lived 60 miles away so that allowed me to keep the batteries fresh on all of them but she's no longer.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
I'll have to take a look at that. It's always done that but when it was my only bike it was never an issue. It's the original battery also so it's about 4 years old at least.

I don't commute to work unless you consider B757s commuting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.