Motorcycle Forums banner
201 - 220 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: Congratulations Bush fans... Buz, LongNazi Stumbler etc.

Ok, I had to look this one up..

solipsism

Pronunciation: 'sO-l&p-"si-z&m, 'sä-

Function: noun

Etymology: Latin solus alone + ipse self

: a theory holding that the self can know nothing but its own modifications and that the self is the only existent thing

and I'm not sure I understand it now..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Re: Congratulations Bush fans... Buz, LongNazi Stumbler etc.

Jackass, get help for your learning disability. I at no point and never will say that I support, vote, like, want to share a cup of coffee with Bush. He has been mediocre at everything he has done in his life. He ran up a huge deficit in TX too. The war is a costly farce. It's people like you who get all worked up over two crappy choices I can't stand. Especially when it's the wrong election you're getting worked up over. Man you are thick.

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
Re: That does it

Oh not you dammit. I don't need to go all the way to Idaho to find a liberal buddy.

You still comin' down in Nov? I'll have some new rubber on the Ducky so we can go for a spin here in God's country.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: Kerry ahead

I agree. I also don't understand the mindset that says somehow that these psychotic terrorists, who murdered several thousand Americans, shouldn't be pursued. Somehow it's a republican president's fault. This is so bad that these people even ignore Hussein's financial support of terrorists and such things as the Boeing fuselage that Saddam had set up to train terrorists. They even ignore that he actually had WMDs and used them several times.

But if a democrat murders thousands of Serbs for no strategic reason at all, welll the same people are silent about that.

·
Registered
729 Posts

Yep - and as far as I know we are gonna be doing a fair amount of riding on some pretty kewl bikes.

We still on Sean?

Since everyone else has inveighed on politics on this thread here's my 2 cents worth. It almost doesn't matter who gets elected to be president anymore because the age of computerized gerrymandering of the House has resulted in members basically having a seat for life - a situation that invites neither compromise or collegeality. The Senate is better but not by much. As long as the HR and legislative branch, in general, is so dysfunctional we are gonna have an entrenched and divided govt.

I despise almost all politicians with equal vigor because I think that almost all of them are craven, shallow, nitwits who wouldn't know the concept of leadership if it bit them in the privvies. And that is preciesly what we are gonna continue to get for elected officials unless we start getting more participation in the process of electing them. Even though turnout for this election was relatively high it wasn't high enough.

I also despise the modern notion that anyone whi disagrees with you politically is either stupid or some sort of demon. Politics, when it works, is all about compromise and good politicians ought to know that the world is chock full of people who have ideas different from yours if they don't know a damn thing else.

I asked some of my international students to stand up in class today and discuss, with their american demographic colleagues who participated in voting at a disgraceful level of 17%, elections in their respective countries which are often either rigged, accompanied by violence and intimidation or both.

I voted for Kerry but just because I almost always vote against the incumbent. Now, as far as I'm concerned, the current administration gets to live with the consequences of their decisions of the past 4 years instead of someone else. We'll see how everyone thinks about things a few years from now when all of the bills come due. If Kerry had won I'm pretty sure that I'd have been voting agains him in 2008.

sbp

·
Registered
356 Posts
Re: Straight from the horses mouth

No, your little war on strawmen, where you set up jackass questions like "Or is because thay are all evil?"

Who said that? Anyone? Especially on this board? This idea that people 'round the world (especially Canadians) liked Americans fine before Bush is simply jackass.

Half the Canadians I've met in my natural life start in immediately about how America sucks and Canada is so much better. In America, bragging to total strangers about how great you are and how much they suck is rude. You obviously have no compunction about doing the same. Do you brag to Nigerians and Brazilians about how wonderful Canada is? What a distasteful, flag-waving hyperpatriotic xenophobe you must be.

I only hope that the more educated and erudite of your countrymen will convince you to learn about other peoples before you hate them out of blind, stupid fear.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts

the amount of insults KPaul dishes out compared to the amount he takes is, well, i don't know why he hangs out here. But I'm glad he does just to watch the rise he gets out of the MO John Birch Society.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Well based on american/christian values, yes. Of course Americans just can't seem to get out of a manifest destiny mind set buy their oil and leave it at that. We have to make everybody think like us. We can't understand why a people wouldn't rise up against such treatment, so it is our job to do it for them, asked for or not. Of course this only for countries that we can easily beat the snot out of. We seem to only give a scowling look toward China.

Oh and I like motorcycles too.

·
Registered
289 Posts

Well based on american/christian values, yes. Of course Americans just can't seem to get out of a manifest destiny mind set buy their oil and leave it at that. We have to make everybody think like us. We can't understand why a people wouldn't rise up against such treatment, so it is our job to do it for them, asked for or not. Of course this only for countries that we can easily beat the snot out of. We seem to only give a scowling look toward China.

Oh and I like motorcycles too.

201 - 220 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.