Motorcycle Forums banner
141 - 160 of 246 Posts

· Registered
5,019 Posts
Re: Straight from the horses mouth

"All I can say is that if I were American I'd be pissed at the current administration for helping make my country reviled around the world."

Oh, yeah, it's nothing like the Reagan years.

Why, before Bush, foreigners use to pick us flowers and braid them in our hair...

· Registered
126 Posts
Yes, it is true. I owned a VStar 1100 Classic. The oil filter is on the right side of the engine - it's an internal one, not a spin-on - and is beneath a chrome cover that is held on by 5 bolts (of 4 different sizes ! ). The front header pipe obscures access to 2 of the bolts so it must be removed. In order to do that you must remove both mufflers, the rear brake lever and the right floorboard. Some owners claim they can access the bolts by merely loosening the header without removing it, but I never could. There are also aftermarket kits available by Jardine and others that convert the oil filter to a spin-on type which mounts to a bracket on the front of the engine.

BikerVince

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Good. Now can we just let the political BS end?

This has probably been the most grindingly exhausting political season I can recall. Especially since the choice was so abysmal. Enough is enough.

· The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: No Tuono?

I've already owned Ducati, thank you very much.

Actually I would serously consider a Tuono if it weren't for the fact that the Speed Triple is quite comparable at a much much lower price.

Plus, I get to wear leather rocker gear with Union Jack logos!

· Registered
43 Posts
This Campaign is Over - Shaaaduupppp!!!!

Finally, this interminable campaign is over. The Right Guy won...for another FOUR YEARS. So why not impress us with your encyclopedic knowledge of V-Twin vs. inline 4 advantages/disadvantages, and shut up already with the political garbage?

· Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Kerry ahead

The only reason I would have rooted for Bush, is to be counter-KPail. Now, the only reason that I'm glad Kerry conceided, is so that KPail can eat some crow.

For the record, I quietly rooted for Kerry to win, because I feel he's the lesser of two wevols. I just checkled though as KP kept predicting victory, while the election went the other way.

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Worked the Sandy Eggo AARP contingent pretty hard didja'. Now you have to fly to greener pastures?

Fours years is pretty good for a battery. I'd still check for slow drains, but it might be a combo of cheesey Eye-Tie battery and time caught up with you. It's kind of odd that it never would hold a charge for any real length of time though, that's what would make me wonder about drains. I assume you have a clock on there, but that should draw a pretty minimal amount.

I'd spend a few hours wiggling wires and at least check the charging rate to make sure you're getting a full charge when you are running.

· Registered
373 Posts
Maybe ToMOroow...Maybe NOT

Sean,

I have sixty-seven (67) days left in my subscription, but the incessant KPolitical off topic participation in what were motorcycle topics have left a bad taste in my mouth for MO and I request that you transfer the remaining days of my subscription to KPaul. Good luck to MO and hopefully MO will once again return to motorcycling topics.

141 - 160 of 246 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.