Motorcycle Forums banner

2004 Yamaha STAR Days

20K views 245 replies 38 participants last post by  bigjames 
#1 ·
Gray Pony Tailed Brotherhood ?.

A couple of questions:

Does that hotel price include the AARP discount?

Are Star guys only dudes who can't afford Harleys?

Are Star guys in the GPTB?

#5 ·
Anybody else have a lukewarm feeling about the look of the roadstar engine?

Good Article, a lot of nice looking bikes. I'm a fan of the Royal Star, but when it comes to the Road Star I've always thought that the giant pushrod covers and location of the exhaust ports made the engine somewhat ugly. Anyone else feel the same way? This would definitely keep me from buying a Road Star, well that and i'm partial to some other brand with japanese electrics and brakes.

#8 ·
Actually

Actually at the University of Washington, where most kids come from middle class families unlike some private southern California schools. These kids have seen the economy go from prosperity during the Clinton years to recession of the Bush years. Most of them understand that Bush gave the rich a tax cut during an unnecessary war causing the largest federal deficit in history

Bush has created a pessism among young voters:

[*]Most see the deficits as something they will have to pay for

[*]Most are worried about outsourcing, because younger workers are most affected by it

[*]Most are worried about the war in Iraq, cause they are fighting it

The more I am around these kids the more optimistic I am. The more I am around Bushies like you the more piiiissed off I get. That makes me work harder for change.

P.S. Unlike San Deego State UW students are very intelligent and it shows by their higher test scores.

#10 ·
Re: Actually

-Presidents can't wage war. Congress does.

-Companies outsource, not governments.

-Most soldiers and reservists support the their role in Iraq.

-Creating a whole new branch of homeland security and increasing already existing measures of homeland security costs money. (Unless car bombings and airplanes flown into buildings is something voters want).

-Presidents inherit economies, they rarely have much affect on them one way or the other.

-Electorial college means very few people's presidential vote counts.

-The President is the least important person you are voting for today.

-Both choices suck.

-This is a motorcycle site.

#17 ·

Well when I was in college and had to take Pol Sci 101 we were told that most "educated" people start out democrat because they are for social reform, but as they get out into the real world working 60 hours a week, making 60 grand or more a year they get tired of paying for all of those social reforms for people who didn't plan and work near as hard as they did and are doing.

Of course the number one determining factor in how a person votes or what religion they are for that matter, is what their parents are.

#21 ·

How soon we forget the late and unlamented Kalifornia mandated EVs.

It took more polluting fossil fuel to charge the things than you would produce simply driving around in a Civic or Swift.

#22 ·

I don't want a law passed. But if the company is funding a candidate so he/she will not impose emission testing, electronic speed limiting, or the million other things, the candidate ssay sure that's great, could you guys please make good bikes for short people so my constituients quit *****ing to me about it.

#25 ·
Re: GPTB Vote

Will you shut up?

Don't you realize that if we stop talking about all this election crap... It might just go away...

Oh I know.. I know... this is where someone will wax poetic about our sacred duty...

bah.

I can't think of a better way to cheapen the meaning of "duty" than by associating it with the terms and men involved in this election.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.