Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the MotoGP class started, I had a dream. A dream that one day soon the next big leap in motorcycle performance would be upon us. Well I think we're there. As the "Biggies" warm to the task (Honda supposedly coming out with a new 1000 as well) I believe the state of the motorcycle art will be quickly advanced relating to streetbikes. PS I volunteer to test-ride the 4 cylinder Ducati Monster when it comes out. First post?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wat?! No shaft drive? No pipe handlebars? No ABS? No hard luggage? No electric windshield? Looks like all Kawasaki came up with was just another fuggin' uncomfortable crotchrocket. whoohoo.........

·
Registered
458 Posts
However, think of the Connie II...

This looks like the perfect foundation to create the Connie-II. Make the front fairing bigger and higher, taller, back-more bars, a new rear subframe with bigger seat and hard luggage, drop the footpegs a couple of inches, and put on a standard chain-oiler, or replace the chain with a shaft drive.

Voila, FJR, eat yer heart out...

·
Registered
30 Posts
all I can say is [email protected]'s one sweet ride! Despite the other lukewarm posts so far I think Kawi has definitly gotten it together in the style and design department lately!!! And with that kind of light is right look it must have the power to weight ratio to rock as well....

It's funny, Kawi and Honda used to always design sportbikes first for the street being that's where they spend most of their time, but still very capable on the track. And you would think that would be what the consumer would want and therefore what they buy. But sales of R1&6's and GSXR's clearly show that to be untrue. Which is kinda sad in my opinion, maybe the previous ZX-9 was a little heavier than the rest. But it was a whole lot better streetbike. Looks like to keep up with sales and magazine comparo's Kawi had to loose the sport-tour comfort and "join em" in the literbike wars. ( course with the newer 4 cylinder race rules it was inevitable ) 2004 is gonna be a wonderous year for high performance literbikes, and I bet that Kawi is gonna be one hell of a great repli-racer!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Game over

It looks like the pictures have been taken down from moto-station. Still, you can have the entertainment of reading the French site in mutilated English if you load it through Babel Fish.

"It is well finished the era of the ZX-9R. Very impregnated of MotoGP technology, its replacing announces itself already like a real threat for the values well in place. If one still knows few things about the animal, a first glance on the photographs already makes it possible to have an idea. First thing, the framework more seems to make think of a framework hull that with traditional périmétrique. If such is the case, the ZX-10R would be the first of the hypersports to have recourse to this solution, taking again the lesson of the ZX-12R and KR 500 of Great Price. One imagines the rigidity of the machine adapted to exceptional performances. In the same way, its compactness thanks to extremely reduced side structures, would authorize an optimal ergonomics and aérodynamisme. The tank could be located under the saddle, thus leaving the place with the top of the engine to an air box of large volume and to a quasi vertical establishment of the conduits of admission. Here thus the insurance of an optimal filling and especially of an angle of valves very closed, allowing high modes of rotation and thus an important power... The motor casings state in any case that this one is completely new in the range, undoubtedly narrowly derived from the 4 cylinders of race. The arm oscillating any oversize aluminum, the reversed fork, the radial clamps of brake, the reduced discs, the smoothness of the preparing, nothing was neglected to obtain performances and a still new poids/puissance report/ratio undoubtedly in the category."

·
Registered
29 Posts
It will be the same as all those. My brother and I were sitting around drinking shlitz and laffing about all you stupid biches with you girl bikes. I said somebody that buys a 4 cylinder when Boss Hoss makes a 8 cylinder can't be too intelligint. We laffed and laffed for a real long time.

Anyway, you will all be happy to know that I got the wheelie bar back on the Hoss so I can really take off fast from lights down town since my woman gets real mad when she falls off the back even if I don't laff at her. Now all I have left is to fix the damn car port.

SR

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: However, think of the Connie II...

Actually that would be pretty cool, a new motor, monocoupe frame, it would be a great start for the new Connie.

Anyone have some real world experience with the monocoupe frame 12, and how it stands up to the real world abuse?

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Re: However, think of the Connie II...

Since the original Conk was ZX-10 material, I would love to see an updated one off of this bike too. As long as it is still a shaftie. I need to have shaft or belt drive in a sport-tourer because of it's user friendliness and lack of maintenance. I'm sick of chains damnit. Oh yeah, I have a friend that just turned 22, and he's looking for a 'Wing. His Conk hurt his girlfriends a$$ too much or something. I think she's just a pansy or something.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Don't know on this one JB, the quick glimpse I had before they took it down kind of makes me think the Yamma, and Honda will have there hands full in the styling dept. Have to wait for the comparoes for the shake out by the rags, and MO.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: connie II chain drive

New chains are pretty well maintainance free anyway, just squirt 'em once a week.

If this one formed the basis for the Connie II and Kawasaki put an auto-oiler on it, it would be "almost" as maintainance free as a shaft except lighter and with no power loss, plus you could change the gearing if you wanted.

Replacing a chain and sprokets every 20K or so isn't that big a job

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd hedge that the bike carries fuel under the seat. It would help explain the funky exhaust routing. It's going to look pretty homely if the Yamaha and Honda are sporting underseat exhausts. (bun toasting, aside). haha

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.