Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And Yossef does it again! He makes me realize I need to readjust my priorities and convince my wife and 4 kids that track days and the Dragon just are NOT enough. Maybe Yossef could do seminars on how to achieve this. Mike

·
Registered
328 Posts
As always, Yossef's pieces are worth the annual price all by themselves.

I wonder if y'all could convince him to write up the changes to his GSXR - that should make an interesting story too.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ah, what a weekend...

Saturday I went riding in beautiful, sunny SoCal.

At midnight I watched the live internet broadcast of MotoGP from China.

Now, on a lazy Sunday morning, I get to enjoy Yossef's wonderful story and pictures.

I might even feel ready to go back to work tomorrow. I think I need to ponder that over a cappuccino...

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice story. However, a buddy of mine just got back from there on a climbing vacation. He liked the culture etc. but was disappointed in the climbing. Although the Colorado Rockies, California Sierras, and Washington Cascades don't have the culture and history of Dolomites I dare say they equal or surpass this range in beauty, size, and touring fun....Just keep that in mind when you plan your summer vacations.

A message from the Colorado, California, and Washington Boards of Tourism. :) i.e. you don't have to go to Europe for this type of fun...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
That's right.

And folks, always remember that Utah is entirely flat and made up of desert. Go to these other vacation meccas.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wonder if that old Jawa on display is for sale?

Think I might have some pipes for it in the garage somewhere...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey lego, it works, but its a different formet from what we usually have on MO... its a wmv. So you need the window media player and if you are using a mac, you need to have that running before you click the link.

:)

-ap

·
Registered
79 Posts
Wonderful.

Soundtrack worked realy well.

A few years ago, when went to Monza, saw the Sunday morning traffic in Como. All those passos were jammed with Ducs/Hornets/Bandits cracking.

Just amazing...

Just 2 weeks ago I did the Ronda-Marbella road.

One of the best in Europe.

Got to get those RAM mounted....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I like the Ave Maria soundtrack, so much nicer than the usual thrash-metal shiit accompanying most bike videos.

I stayed at Aviano NAS which is at the base of the Dolomites in '75. Beautiful place...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
What? Thought you were a blackshoe. Fixing the steam plant eh?

Indeed....

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I was in transit. Went from Joisey to RAF Mildenhall to Ramstein AFB to Aviano NAS stayed there for a little over a week emptying trash cans, took a train to Rome, another train to the NATO base at Naples, flew to Siginella NAS in Sicily in a mail plane, there for a week, then out to the boat in an S3, then down into 4 main machinery room where I stayed till I got out four years later...... my Naval career, in a nutshell.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Oh seruzawa, those beautiful canyons you have are no longer a secret.... Your mountains aren't as tall and scenic as the Colorado Rockies but your snow makes up for it. Had fun at Snowbird about 15 years ago...People were sure friendly....

·
Registered
55 Posts
We live in San Francisco and took a beautiful scenic ride today, but these articles still make me want to try touring in Europe. Outstanding article, and the soundtrack was great too. Not many women could ride that far on the GSX-R. Must be a different culture over there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.