Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wow, you guys sure know how to complain about nothing. You're ignoring a huge benefit of this program- RESALE VALUE!!!!!! And these are the same people that use that as a reason to buy a Harley. Go out and buy a Honda ST1300 if you want, but don't be surprised when it's worthless in five years.

The simple fact is that sport touring riders are typically cheapskates, moreso than any other type of rider. This program allows everyone involved to make money.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Smart man. I agree 100%.

Honda's approach is downright stupid in the long run- it may get them some market share right now, but it devalues their products and also conditions the buyers not to purchase Hondas without a huge discount. The car companies are experiencing this exact same problem right now.

I guess it all comes down to what each company wants to accomplish. Market share is a great chest-thumper, but I'd rather buy products from a company that is interested in making money, because that company will be more financially sound in the future.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Two questions about your brilliant analysis:

1) What is inconvenient about the wait? You can continue riding your current bike in the meantime, and most of the wait is over the winter, when most areas of the country are experiencing unpleasant weather.

2) Uncertain wait? What's uncertain about it? $500 guarantees you are getting a bike. What could be more certain than that?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: You just don't get it.

Of course, if you talk to a died-in-the-leather beer-swilling, wife-beating, NASCAR-watching Harley rider, you'll get the exact opposite story...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.