Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I dunno what you guys are whining about the difficulty in ordering the bike. If we Euros want to buy Rune - which is not type approved to European Union - it goes in four easy steps:

1) Apply U.S. work permit

2) Move to U.S.

3) buy, register and insure Rune

4) move back to Europe and bring Rune as "moving goods"

So what were you saying about the crappy web ordering process getting on your nerves?

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Wellcome to the real world dude.

If a vechicle is imported to EU, it has to fullfill the EU regulations. Check your H-D's indicator lamps, does it have a letter "E" on a small circle, well that does not come from misspelt Eoklahoma.

Type approval has to be done on every motor vehicle to be imported. This is done by a large bunch of people with a combined technical motorcycle knowledge approaching that of a regular sunday rider with fringed arm chaps. Their main job is to do important calculations whether FZ-1 has strong enough fork that the wind does not blow the wheel off at 100km/h.

It is lengthy and expensive process, typically only affordable for large importers. EU is run after all by German attention to detail, French bureacracy and Italian logic. Not that I am bitter or anything, [email protected]

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
>sometimes the EU turns their nose up fro the

>right reasons

Not in this case. Cruising with this intergalactic battleship around the old continent... talk about scoring, if you know what I mean.

- cruiz-euro

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Air cooled twins?

V-2 engine was an European invention as was the motorbike, combustion engine, both otto- and diesel engines, steam engine, stirling engine, rocket motor and a car, not to mention related essential acessories like red wine and condoms. But we'll try our best not to snigger at lesser countries aping our original designs.

- cruiz-euro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.