Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've got one

Pretty much everything said here is accurate; it's big and fast, and yeah, weighs a few pounds. It ain't the last word in two-wheeled motivation, but it's floating my boat for now. 0-60 in 3.9 secs is plenty fast for me, and the stiffer suspension the put on the 04's and 05's really works.

Take the bags off and it still looks good and feels awfully sporty; on real world world roads the weight is knida nice...holds it down in the bumps and tracks well on windy days...comfy for the pillion too. During the week though, it holds all my crap, offers decent protection, and still goes like hell.

Speaking of demographics, perfect for an old fart like me (49) who's not ready for the geezer-glide or gold thang yet (tho I'll be there someday).

The purchase thing is kind of a pain, but not that big a deal 'cause if you really hate the thing there's plenty of folks who'll take it off your hands for what you paid. Once you've had the bike a few months you forget the wait real fast...

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree with you that they're marketing folks may have some...umm...issues, but the folks who designed and build the bike certainly take the sport touring market seriously. Spend some time on one and that becomes pretty clear. Not that it's "better," but it fits right in the pack with offerings from Duc, Triumph, and Honda.

It's great to have choices!

Those idiots in Atlanta should be canned...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.