Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: You just don't get it.

Verrrry nice link!

No $10 head there!

(I refer, of course, to the old Bell ad.)

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
I haven't seen any posts here from a 1300 owner, have I? I rode one of the first year bikes around town and I'll tell you, it's a heck of a bike; but I wouldn't trade my Sprint ST for it. It feels like a locomotive. You have serious power, but you are also motivating a big piece of machinery.

Hey Staff, how about making a demographic table that shows the ages, gender and bike ownership (Make(s) and Model(s)) of the MO members. It'd be interesting to see what the membership looks like.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The only benefit you would get with the FJR would be a lot of weight and ABS (if you bought that version).

I put about 40 in-town miles on the FJR and when I went to swap back to my Sprint, I almost threw the thing over, it was so much... smaller, I guess. Significant difference in "presence".

Put the K&N filter and "off-road" pipe on the 955 and keep the Sprint! If you really think you need it, buy a taller windscreen.

BTW, I'm about to put a used set of GENMAR risers and a never assembled set of Silver bags with almost all mounting hardware (minus the reinforcement plates) up for sale. Also, a never-farted-on seat, a never used stock windscreen and grab handle. They are take-offs (except the risers) from my '03 bike. I used a lot of stuff, including my bags, from my dearly departed '00 Black bike. And I've decided I don't need the GENMARs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.