Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Remember when Honda make bikes you wanted to buy?? Just what we need...more version on hackneyed cruzers - and no replacement for the Superhawk.. Oops..oh yea, thanks for that big ruckus, we really needed that. Maybe they should rename it the F#&! us.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wish they would just update the Superhawk with good suspension and slightly larger gas tank and maybe slightly higher bars. There is a real lack of good choices for older guys (I'm 55) who don't want to go the cruiser route but don't want a pure sportbike.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The VTX1800 is a nice looking bike but turn like busses, if I'm gonna go that big I'll get a GW and be done with it, at least then you get all the luxury and real touring bonuses with the massive size, oh and a reverse cause I would need that. Then again I'm not 6'-2" 300 lbs either. For my money the 1300 is a better bike, except for having to do valve adjustments. Gotta give it to Harley for at least doing that part right.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Big Ruckus- come on people, it's the perfect mode of transport for the camp ground. You know you want one. My biggest problem is paying $6-$7k for a mx bike. It's all in fun (and racing) but paying 7 large for a dirt toy is pretty tough. Heck, I don't think I spent that much money on the first 5 cars I owned- combined. Guess that's why people call it disposable income.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Good job, Honda. The Ruckus is as much as a GS500F or an EX500. The CBR600 is as much as a Speed Triple. And you get to "customize" a VTX. (I can't tell the difference between any of the "customs". And the Warrior still looks much better.) Oh, yeah, and the VFR is much more than a SprintRS or in the same ballpark as a ZZR1200. What an attractive lineup. [/sarcasm off].

At least they haven't saddled us with another Rune type of offering. Unless you consider the Ruckus an Anti-Rune. A company with all the resources of Honda should do better than this. Maybe they need to put someone in charge who is actually a motorcycle enthusiast instead of a committee of MBAs.

Dang, I didn't mean to come off so sour. Time for coffee.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yep, all we get is Yet Another Big V-Twin Cruiser (YABVTC), 'cuz they know that's what everyone wants to ride!

They just make it easier to narrow my choices for a new ride to Triumph or Moto Guzzi. . . .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Blech.

Frickin boring. If I was into 600 SS bikes or big freakin cruisers I guess I might be happier. I normally like Honda products, a lot, but this is not leaving me salivating over next summer's purchase.

Oh, just sold my bike this morning, no ride for a while. Quite sad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The updated 600RR was expected, but everything else was pretty boring.

I am curious to find out how the Kawi 2000 Vulcan is selling. I think the big four have overdone the big cruiser market, even though Harley seems to get away with it year after year.

A Rossi replica R1 from Yamaha would be nice this year. It would really be a shot at Honda for letting him get away last year.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
And, what if Honda made the same types of bikes as the niche manufacturers? Where would the small manufacturers fit in? Wouldn't we then be decrying the death of Nuevo Triumph, M-G, etc.?

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know it's difficult, I mean the last, the only, brand new bike I bought was an IT425 in 1980. I paid $1400 out the door.

Then again, try and convert that IT425 into a CRF450X for $5399. KTM has been charging over $7000 for their 520 EXC since inception, and they sell every one they import.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
No worries there. Honda is too big now and will always be ruled by committee. Apparently their idea of pushing the envelope is a Rune or a Ruckus.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I Just noticed that you guys said "For those of you outside the People's Republic of California, this bike will probably make a great dual-sport/supermoto/trail bike/motocrosser." The previous sentence said "The new 450X is an ass-kicking CRF-450R, with electric start, wide-ratio transmission, "t-ring" chain, 18" rear wheel, enduro lighting, a larger gas tank and CA "Green Sticker" eligibility."

Which is it?

·
Registered
312 Posts
600rr

so it gets lighter. anyone else notice that they have a new 2 piece shock. looks like the heavily marketed prolink was a failure. i heard that the formula xtreme factory team had junked it. looks like that rumor was correct.

1 - 20 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.