Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re: Boo-hoo...

No new zx-6r either....well hopefully they at least replaced the LCD tach, as they did on the new 10R.....does anyone else think the 10R has a rather large rear? can't stand those huge signals on the rear of the bike.....oh well might have to look to the other camps......

·
Registered
233 Posts
KLX 250 vs. KLR 250 vs. Super Sherpa 250. I wonder how all these Kawasaki dual-purpose 250s compare. I'm guessing the KLX is more offroad oriented than the KLR. And the Super Sherpa is air cooled, so its a different bike for sure. Speaking of the KLR 250, is it still marketed in the U.S. in 06? I know the Sherpa was dropped from the U.S. market some years ago (big mistake imo).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Small bikes for small people

Ah HA!!! The dealers says he wants a smaller bike for someone that isn't happy with the small bikes that are currently offered....

Maybe it's time to bring over some of that forbidden fruit to satisfy a market niche?

Come on Japan send us your 400cc repli-racers!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Re: Small bikes for small people

No, no,no. This is the US, remember? Everything must get bigger Bigger, BIGGER! All the time. Just because.

Let's see the Vulcan was originally 1400, then it went to 1500, then 1600 and now 2000! The "little" Vulcan was 750, then 800 and now it's a 900! The original Ninja was 900, then 1000, then 1100, then 1200 and now of course 1400cc. Will it ever end? I don't think so. Now let's see, where did I leave that Boss Hoss catalog?.....

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
The ZX14 looks like a four-corners bike to me.

So the Hayden are going to riding against Matt MMLLLLadin next year. May finally be an interesting US Superbike season.

I'll take a KLX 250. Where to put it? Forget the stupid scooters. Bolt an orange crate on the back and you're good to go.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Enjoy. I can't imagine riding one of these monsters. I mean these are so fast one can't begin to take advantage of the power, not to mention how fast one could get in to serious trouble. Don't get me wrong, if others want 'em fine. I am sure that in my younger days I would have been all over this like fuz on a peach!

·
Registered
138 Posts
No more ZRX1200R? Really? Well that is indeed sad news.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The new KLX250 is a much better woods bike. Modern suspension and an electric start for about the same weight as the ole' KLR250. All that and not so high strung as aftermarket WR250 dualsport bike (not as fast either of course).

My buddy is pleasantly suprised by this release as he is looking to replace is weary but very dependable early 90's Honda XR250L. He could easily ride a 400cc dualsport, but they're too tall for him and a 650cc is no woods weapon. Watching him try to foot down while riding my DRZ is not enjoyable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup. Own a Z-Rex, too. Big torque UJMs are way cool and I've always liked the classic looks. It's a pity to see the end of the line for that motor.

Unfortunately, the magazines only talk about what is new, peak horsepower, and track crap. Like it matters in the real world; where its about riding and not fashion statements or herd metality.

My old back and historical beverage consumption makes the plastic-covered street racers irrelevant. I tried the V-twin butt jewelry and still don't get it. So I'm back to what I know and it seems the popular press has left me behind.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think Kawasaki has historically "preserved" the shelf life of some of their more dated designs in order to cover a wider range of motorcycle options for the consumer. It's strange that they have dropped the ZRX and ZX12 from their lineup as clearly there are no "tool up" costs involved in manufacturing those bikes. If you believe what you read, there are still some interested buyers for those machines. My speculation is that Kawasaki has some really cool replacement models in the pipeline and wants their motorbikes to appear as leading edge designs on the showroom floor, particularly in those dealerships selling the japanese competition's models. So it's out with the old even before the new has arrived.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.