Motorcycle Forums banner

2005 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1600

32K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  SRMark 
#1 ·
two cruisers in a row...YEEEEEEE...HAAAAA!

#3 ·
See! THIS is what cruisers are for. Get off your VTX 1800, and take that sock out of your pants! We all know it barely puts 90hp to the ground, and with 800 pounds to haul around... that ain't squat!

Sure its got a lot of torque... so does a John Deere... I don't want to ride one of those around either!

That was a great review Sean. No offense to the other fellas... but you're mad motorcycle skills are beyond reproach. Looks like you're at the top of your game.

Salute.

#4 ·
Great review Sean. Though not my particular cup of tea, I find the nostalgic looks of the Nomad to be much more pleasing than the other cruisers offered by the Orient, plus it has one of the most important, and often overlooked features that every motorcycle should have, a comfortable seat. VWW

#7 ·
The "New" Counterbalancer

Being crotch rocket guys, you can't be expected to keep track of technical stuff on cruisers, so I'll hip you to the fact that the Vulcan engines have always had gear-driven counterbalancers.

And you probably don't care, but I'll tell you anyway, that unlike the Harley, Victory, and Yamaha counterbalancers, the Vulcan counterbalancer is designed to cancel secondary vibrations rather than primary, which is why a Vulcan has a characteristic hard thump at idle but is the smoothest twin at high revs.

You're welcome. :)

#8 ·
Re: The

i'm more of a fan of the rubber mounted harley's, well because i have one...i must admit that looking at the bike shake at idle was new to me right after i got it....i had been riding a cb700sc.

well, thanks for the info. mr. nomad.

#10 ·
Wish you would have shot some film at night, so we could see if the floor-boards throw any sparks. Special effects might be a good idea for crusiers, Otherwise, trying to move the Nomad around in the garage would probably be the most exciting thing about it. I've got to keep reminding myself that curiser riding takes a completely different mind-set - and, wallowing around at low speeds is just part of the deal.

It's a no brainer that Sean can handle one of the beasts below 5mph. But, how about sending Gabe to the mall, on a Friday afternoon, the next time you get one of these monsters. Thirty-five minutes of tooling around there ought to be the fear-equivilant of a Super Bike race.

Sorry Gabe... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.