Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Sean thanks for validating the Great One. 600s are the best buy in motorcycling. More predictions from the great one. 600s will become the premier class in AMA racing. 600s will out sell liter bikes 10 to 1. Eventually some bike makers will slow the development of liter bikes i.e. making new model changes every 4 years instead of the 3 sometimes 2. 600 powerplants will become the base powerplants for a myriad of standards and I dare say sport tourers. In fact bikes eventually will be able to transform themselves from supersports to standard to tourer with just a view adjustments and the subtraction and addition of modular fairings and bags. Unadjustable seating, leg and hand controls will become a thing of the past.

Long live the 600cc based inline fours.

OK frack the fiscal conservatism I want a new ninja now....

Nice Review RacerBoy..

·
Registered
141 Posts
Were there any RR's on hand, or is the "true" 600 coming in a later release like in '03? I'm sooooo anxious to see a Hayden whipping one of these new bad boys up on the box in Supersport.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just as I was getting used to my one-month-old 2005 GSX-R600, and even thinking it was a fantastic bike that would never be matched in any important (to me) way by anything else that anyone would be able to buy, along comes Kawasaki... Oh well. Do I regret buying the new penis extension last month? Only because I didn't really have enough money for it. But it is still awesome, even if the new Ninja is faster.

Chango

·
Registered
955 Posts
Decisions, decisions, decisions...

The 600 class is like Ben & Jerry’s Ice cream. Which Ben & Jerry’s is the best? Hard to say, they’re all so good. The fact that they all exist proves we have it too good, for our own good. With 600s, by the time you figure out which one you want, you could have forgotten how to ride. After a couple weeks of reading road tests, you could end up with something akin to mid-corner, newbie brain-lock. A normal person (nobody, who’ll be reading this) could suffer panic attacks, trying to figure out which bike they want. And, neurotics should probably look elsewhere for entertainment, unless they enjoy being heavily medicated. I honestly think that the reason I don’t consider 600s has more to do with a nervous mind, than a nervous engine.

Tough life, huh?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice review indeed...one thing, though...proof read BEFORE submit:

[caption from article]

On a wet racetrack, the ZX-6R's supple suspension, liner power delivery and predictable brakes kept the drama to a minimum.

[end caption from article]

Is it LINER or LINEAR?

;-)

Once again, great review, thanks!

Pete

·
Registered
955 Posts
Sometimes, I even annoy myself...

So, Sean, you’re saying that…The rain, on the plains of Spain, fell on your plane, to Spain, causing pain, strain and disdain. That’s just, plain, Insane!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Pretty impressive but it won't lure me away from my litre bike. I'm addicted to all of that low-end, "don't care what gear you're in" torque, and the "I dare you to hold the throttle open" top end hit.

It's made me lazy.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
More predictions from the Great One: Shoei, Chatterbox and Kawasaki team up for

News Flash 2007 Shoei, Chatterbox and Kawaski team up for the first production OEM heads up display helmet system. The display features speed, rpm, and low fuel warning. In addition the open architecture system provides plug modules for audio and visual alerts from radar detectors, visual and audio directions from gps providers, hands off cell phone operation with noise cancelling microphone located in helmet.

An anti fog visor option is also available. This option uses heating elements in the visor.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Love the gallery boys

I'm lusting for that 636. Few things make me happier than to here the "purists" whine that it isn't a true 600.

When average joe goes to buy a bike, the determining factor is, more often than not, price. If I can get 636cc's, for the same price and 599, then that is more bang for the buck...

And when I look at this new 636... that's what I see. A ton of bike for the money.

Wonder how she'll look in black... with red tires...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Dang you didn't pass him!

Who was that slow poke in front of you on the full lap video? Fonzi? KPail?

Stuffing a moto-journalists on the inside of a turn would have made for great video, especially if you were riding the one with Ape hangers and forward controls.

It's cool that they made one like that. How come no pictures>

·
Registered
141 Posts
I know somebody says this every year and they get proven wrong almost immediately, but ... surely we're getting to the point where these things can't get much better. Unless one of the Big Four figures out how to warp time and space in order to squeeze 300 more cc's into a Supersport displacement, there don't seem to be a lot of obvious performance enhancements that make financial sense in mass produced machines. But of course that's completely discounting the invention of pixie dust-powered 600's.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: More predictions from the Great One: Shoei, Chatterbox and Kawasaki team up for

Wonder if I could get "Books on-line" to come up, on the display. That way, I wouldn't get fo bored, riding on the Interstate.

Now, if they could just figure out how to hook all that up to a bike and a Digital-Game-unit, then hook that up to a satalite-feed, we could all spend Sunday afternoons, sitting in our garages, racing, in AMA, and FIM, road racing events.

And (come to think of it) something, like that, would sure help Newbies.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.