Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THAT BE WACK-AZZ!

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU WOULDN'T LIKE A MOTORCYCLE FOR WHEELIEING! THAT'Z WHAT THEY FOR, BRO!

I THINK THE GSXR IZ DA BEST, BECAUSE YOU CAN PEEL THE "600" STICKERZ OFF AND PUT "1000" STICKERZ FROM YOUR COUSIN'Z BIKE ON IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE GOOD ENOUGH CREDIT TO BUY A 1000 IN DA FIRST PLACE.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I think it would be very entertaining to get a shootout done entirely by MR. ALLCAPS.

Now that he's on staff, Maybe Gabe can set it up.

(Sean, you can send the check for my consulting fee to my home address, or use PayPal. Thanx, Paul)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Because that's exactly how everyone rides when they're just putting along - 1st, 2nd, 3rd ... top... cruise along to the next stop light, click, click click, neutral, etc. When you ride like you're daydreaming about something else and suddenly you need to take evasive action - whammo! instant torque on tap! I love my Sportster because when I twist that throttle it leaps forwards any gear, any revs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will get around to reding the whole test, but as the first part is covered over by the profile of the testers this makes it a bit hard..I will try from work to see if I can actually read it all!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Excellent test. Easily up to the high MO standards. Congrats Gabe, on the new position. Good to see a test that is not always about the numbers. Doubt any of these bikes will see my butt on them, but at least I got a sense of how they are by reading this. I can get you the cabin Sean, but I don't have to stock it with food, do I???

·
Registered
11 Posts
yeah no kidding...

I like reading about the 600's, and have no specifically with regards to the street, and the majority of that section is covered by a rider bio, sidebar. What gives, or give me my article back

·
Registered
955 Posts
NICE JOB

Nice piece to all of you and the same for the words; great wordsmithing. MR ALLCAPS is a nice addition to Mo, though it's gotta be boring back at TANK 6.

Now I know that Fonzie is responsible for MO's uncluttered layout and lack of WhizzBang website waste. Less is more, Hooray! Those of us with ADD salute you.

Far as the actual numbers and results go, what do I know; every one of these bikes is better than me. But it was still odd that the GSXR was rated more comfortable than the Honda...Wow, how'd that happen?

Anyway, next summer will probably see me tooling around on my Rat VFR, looking for a suitably recked SV 650 to take to the track, "a man's gotta know his limitations." (thanks Clint).

But, slide-rule and personal preferances aside, they all look like awesome bikes. Now the only problem for most MOs will be, figuring out what to b!tch about.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The only thing I noticed missing from that review was the relative suitability of each bike for thuggery - classic squidly stupidity.

For example, which bike can best handle a poor wheelie landing? Which is best for doing an awesome standup through a school zone?

Which would Rossi feel most comfortable standing up on after winning a race?

The public wants to know!

cdg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Really...how intrigueing to find out that I've been riding improperly all my life; paying attention, and staying in the power band (unless I'm on the highway).

Bryan...I didn't know we were supposed to ride like BDCers...

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You forgot the ever popular "Looks Best with Rider Wearing Only Ballcap, Shorts and Flip-Flops and Dimwitted Girlfriend Passenger in only a Bikini" category. Although it's a bit early in the season for that. Last weekend it was "Ballcap, Armoured Jacket, Levis and Tennis Shoe" category.

Personally, I'd have to give the win to the Kawikaze simply because the main purpose of these things is to race on a track and the Kwacker posted the single fastest time. There are so many better choices for streetbikes that, while still good reading and I do appreciate all the work that went into this comparo, the streetability of these bikes is of little importance to me. Hooligan bikes are the preferred street weapon.

Though, when my ship rolls in, one of these in the garage for the occasional squirt up/down the canyons might be just the ticket.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Whaddya mean "sunset"? I've been getting his unhinged emails every day.

I've had that account a long time. Maybe it's time to change.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
It's interesting how the manufacturers have gone nearly 180 degrees from 10 years ago. As I recall, the Honda Fx was always the trusty all-rounder and the GSX-R was the torture rack on the street. Now we have a CBR that is completely track oriented and a Suzuki that can be used as a commuter. White is black! Up is down! What's next, a Kawasaki with a tame motor?

1 - 20 of 173 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.