Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that Victory will introduce a naked sport bike along the lines of the Yamaha MT-O1 and also a fully-faired sportbike, both possibly within the year. Anyone hear anything similar?

Oh yeah, first post! Woo hoo!

And there was much rejoicing.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I used to work at a Polaris dealer and unless they've made giant leaps forward in the last five years you are on thin ice. We eventually dropped them after they repeatedly refused to honor our warranty claims.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Something along the lines of a MT-01 would be nice, as the Yamaha will only be available in Europe. Too bad that Victory didn't give the Hammer a more standard riding position like the Super Glide Sport has. I guess that we are just lucky that Peter Fonda didn't ride a custom Harley with the handle bars behind the rider or every poseur wanna be would be much more likely to crash than they aready are with their gynecological exam riding positions. VWW

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Their Sportcruiser was a flop, so they might be gunshy about doing something like that again. The market seems to favor chrome-and-fancy-paint cruisers with pap-smear ergos.

Fully-faired sportbike? With that engine? No way. And if they've been developing a sportbike engine, then they've had Manhattan Project-level security preventing information leaks.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Since the Ness family got involved with Victory things have improved nicely. The former mgmt in charge have been Upgraded (to say the least) and those warranty issues have been slowly fading away. Issues will come and go but the company is in way better shape than most when it comes to customer service.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
No combovers. The "buz" in Buzglyd refers to the skinhead "do" that he's into. An eye patch, earring and parrot on the shoulder completes the fashion statement.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got '99 Victory (first year). Many of the '99's trannys had problems. Polaris fixed mine under warranty no problem. Ditto for other bits. Overall I'm pleased with the service.

As for the new editions - they look great. I think Vegas and Hammer out shows and out goes the other cruisers IMO - course I may be biased.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I'm not claiming it's gospel. I'm just repeating the info from a Canadian source. I doubt Victory's sportbike will be a traditional one. Sounded like they were going the way of Buell and the MT-01: Sport chassis + narrow angle V-twin. So, what's the big deal if they throw on a fairing? Doesn't seem impossible to me.

If this is true, I get the impression that Victory just might forsee only limited growth in the chrome-and-fancy-paint market in years to come. The market saturation point may indeed be coming soon. Lots of used Harleys for sale around here with not so many takers. Now, to be the only American brand with a bike for everyone (or almost) is a position no one owns. Interesting.

Oh, and Indian may indeed see another revival. By a British dude, of all suspects. Says he's going to build the plant in the U.S. (It was mentioned on TWT last night for those who weren't watching.)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Memo to Sean. RE: Victory Sportbikes?

Hey, Sean, you have any sources that can corroborate this? Or at least give us a hint? I read that they're coming for 2005/2006. It would be a nice scoop for MO.

Maybe you can send EBass undercover to infiltrate Victory. How's he look in a cropped leather tank top and frayed Daisy Dukes? Oh, and a long, blond wig... with high-heeled H-D boots...and a barbed-wire & roses tatoo on the small of his back...ackk...

...Forget it, I just puked.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I test rode a Vegas model in Daytona and was very impressed. The bike felt solidly built and actually came with a descently strong motor with only a stage 1 conversion. I believe their bikes are worth a serious look. They seem like a much better built bike than their other "American Iron" competitor.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.