Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Another side

For those of us who can only afford to be Harley stockholders not Harley owners (i.e. I am the lone provider in house of 3 women, my wife and two daughters), Victory offers an American alternative. I can keep my sportbike and buy one of these.

I love the lines of the Ness bikes. Call it a clone etc. To me they look cleaner and more modern than Harley. Sure I could buy a Sportster but do I really want a low tech paint shaker when the American made Victory is around. I hope MO tests these against Harleys and Metric Criusers.

I never thought I would buy a cruiser but Buzglyd may be right about the long board vs short board surf thing. I wouldn't know no waves in Colorado and the ocean is to cold in Washington. If Victory expands the market to attract new buyers that can only be good. Competition make things better. "And that's a good thing", Martha Stewart

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: Only proves his point further.

Hey I admire you old geezers who appreciate old things. In this disposable economy it is refreshing to see guys fixing up Harleys etc. Yes Japanese bikes currently don't have any appeal to collectors and long term bike owners. However, that doesn't mean they won't in the future. Some of it is matter of numbers i.e. how many UJMs were sold? I can see a day when the VMax, Rune, Valkarie etc are collectibles. But I think you have to agree that Harley's currently have an inflated value due to the Brotherhood thing and nostalgia not due to ground breaking technology or styling.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts