Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got '99 Victory (first year). Many of the '99's trannys had problems. Polaris fixed mine under warranty no problem. Ditto for other bits. Overall I'm pleased with the service.

As for the new editions - they look great. I think Vegas and Hammer out shows and out goes the other cruisers IMO - course I may be biased.

·
Registered
32 Posts
"an obvious Harley clone"

The only clones I see are the hordes of "independant" spirits all out there buying Harleys.

what a whack job. Any naked v-twin with an emphasis on chrome and paint must seem like a clone to you. And it's not like H-D was the original v-twin either. So by your standards then H-D is a clone too.

Don't think like a clone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Only proves his point further.

You're talking to a guy who apparently would have sunk his life savings (if he had any) into the Y2k stock market citing that its value was legit becasue that's what people were willing to pay for it.

He's a clone.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Only proves his point further.

I remember in '99 when the Victories first came out, the ads said

"Less Mystique, More Motorcycle"

Let the crowds of cloneheads buy their Harleys. They love the mystique - let them pay for it. They want to fix and polish their mystiques. let 'em. This keeps the price down and the exclusivity up on Victories.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts