Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Only proves his point further.

You're talking to a guy who apparently would have sunk his life savings (if he had any) into the Y2k stock market citing that its value was legit becasue that's what people were willing to pay for it.

He's a clone.

·
Registered
32 Posts

I remember in '99 when the Victories first came out, the ads said

"Less Mystique, More Motorcycle"

Let the crowds of cloneheads buy their Harleys. They love the mystique - let them pay for it. They want to fix and polish their mystiques. let 'em. This keeps the price down and the exclusivity up on Victories.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts

I remember that too. I also remember laughing at it because the original Victories didn't offer any more motorcycle than H-D, and none of the mystique. The current ones seem much better.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Never ridden a Victory, have you? The handling on the Vegas isn't outstanding with that big front wheel, but the Kingpin with the inverted forks and the reasonable-size front wheel is better for both handling and braking.

And every Vic has a single rear shock.

And, yes, I have a Vic, '03 Touring Cruiser. Is it better than a Road King? Yes and no... Handling, yes. Braking, yes. Looks, no.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, understand if they don't do it for ya, but a Harley clone? Hardly. Outside of the V-Rod, harley is OLD technology. My Vegas looks NOTHING like a harley. I sold my road king classic, because I was tired of being like everyone else. I dumped loads of cash trying to make it unique- but it didn't help.

As far as being an ATV maker- when a company makes a decision to step into the motorcycle market, they have to start somewhere. I would rather buy from a company that has backing, rather than a startup.

If you like HD- thats cool. To each his own.

Things take time to change, but change is on its way.

Billman

61 - 69 of 69 Posts