Motorcycle Forums banner

2005 Yamaha R6 Test

67K views 118 replies 35 participants last post by  jungkvist 
I'm more interested in finding out whether or not Yammer is going to offer color coordinated T-shirts, shorts and flip-flops. They'd sell a whole shytload of them around here.

A full line of squid gear could be a gold mine for the Big-4.

How do you maintain that riding style and also retain a driver's license?

It's simply too tempting to wring those supersports out. That's one reason I don't like those things on the street. My license wouldn't survive it.

I expect that at some point the displacement wars will start again. The need for speed will probably prompt another manufacturer to offer a punched out supersport to compete with Kasaki. At that point the rest will follow suit and eventually the racing associations will allow these larger displacement bikes to compete. Eventually we may see the 750cc class return.

Remember that displacement categories are completely arbitrary and if the public decides to opt for larger displacement supersports the rules will accomodate them.

Re: indeed.

I have it on good authority that one can hypothetically achieve 145+ on I-80 between Wendover and Elko along some of those stretches where you have 20+ miles of unhindered view.

But don't quote me on it.

Re: Let's kill it please!

The literbikes also have lower gearing, I believe.

Which makes such testing pointless. All you have to do to get better roll on is just sacrifice a few mph by dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket. A couple of buddies of mine have done that to their supersports and it makes one heck of a difference for street riding and canyon carving where 100+ speeds are worse than pointless - even suicidal.

Look at it this way. If he does then the appellation "MOron" will no longer be tongue in cheek.

I wouldn't worry though. KPail is only a financial genius in his own mind. Not much to worry about a Boeing employee taking over MO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.