Motorcycle Forums banner

2005 Yamaha R6 Test

67K views 118 replies 35 participants last post by  jungkvist 
#1 ·
if i had a job i wouldn't get first post!

#52 ·
Re: Let's kill it please!

The literbikes also have lower gearing, I believe.

Which makes such testing pointless. All you have to do to get better roll on is just sacrifice a few mph by dropping a tooth on the countershaft sprocket. A couple of buddies of mine have done that to their supersports and it makes one heck of a difference for street riding and canyon carving where 100+ speeds are worse than pointless - even suicidal.

#53 ·
Look at it this way. If he does then the appellation "MOron" will no longer be tongue in cheek.

I wouldn't worry though. KPail is only a financial genius in his own mind. Not much to worry about a Boeing employee taking over MO.

#54 ·
I don't know you or yours but...

The retard comment is out of line (IMHO)

Being the step father of a special needs child (since the father had a similar opinion to the retard coment), I can tell you from personal experience that the kids involved in the Special Olympics get way more out of the competition than you, me, or most any of us ever will get in any competetive event.

Would their lives be better if they could eliminate, treat, or in any way resolve the conditions they suffer from.... HELL YES. But until then, helping them learn to deal with, and overcome, what ails them is more important than mocking them, or putting them down for their disabilities.

"Let me win. But if I cannot win, let me be brave in the attempt."

Sorry about that, but I'm getting thin skinned about it in the last few years.

#56 ·
Re: indeed.

I tell u what. I remember a case of a car journalist getting busted bad musta been 15 years ago for bragging on taking some Porsche up Angeles Crest over 100 mph. Or maybe it was Ferrari. And that was before videos. Lost his job when chp or whoever it was threatened his publishing co. with legal action. I don't think they have to beat it out of u when u confess up front and provide your own evidence.

#65 ·
Re: 100 points...

Dayum! KP takes the prize! I figured LongRide, the pride of Chicago, had the best chance.

"Oglethorpe!"

"Puttin' on the foil coach!"

"Old time hockey!"

"You go in box and they close door and you feel shame"

Awesome stuff!

BTW, rumor has it that if MO wins the motojounalist GP, we'll be bought by a rich motorcycle enthusiast from Florida and that our new offices will be in South Beach where gorgeous Cuban girls will "polish our helmets" after every ride. Chant along with me MOrons, "GO SEAN GO! GO SEAN GO!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.