Motorcycle Forums banner

2005 Yamaha R6 Test

67K views 118 replies 35 participants last post by  jungkvist 
#1 ·
if i had a job i wouldn't get first post!

#79 ·
Re: Let's kill it please!

The literbikes also have lower gearing, I believe.

A fair point. However, the litrebikes still seem to have better roll on times than the Busas/Blackbirds/etc, which was the original comment. :)

Which makes such testing pointless

Most performance comparison testing is pointless. For streetbikes, who cares if one bike is 0.4 second faster 0-60, or if another is 0.6 sec faster in a roll on? It's all really academic.

Personally, if a bike is capable of the 1/4 in the 12s or less I think that it's more than enough for the real world. Who really rides around at WFO anyways?

Of course magazines need objective means of distinguishing bikes, and performance tests are a way of doing just that. {shrug}

-- Michael

#81 ·
I'm with you on the under seat exhaust. It's lost so much of its appeal. Ducati is really the only bike I still like it on. Now I look at a traditional can and I'm sighing with relief like at passing of Britney Spears. But then I like longhaired brunettes so...

#82 ·
I mean damn! I just got off a 70-hour week doing the closest thing to white-collar labor as the oxymoron can describe. And I read, "...ZX-6R (which I will be testing on the street and track, in Almeria Spain, Dec 4th-8th)."

I don't know if I should cry, start drinking heavily, or both.

#83 ·
Re: 100 points...

Oh yes, Seruzawa! The rich Floridian suitor has promised to add staff positions for several of our most erudite posters. We're all gonna get matching sets of leathers with our names stitched on em and umbrella girls to meet us in the parking lot when we arrive in the morning and leave at the end of the day. Now quit playing with those stupid RC cars and get out there and write something brilliant!

Scrape those pegs!

Pound those free ****tails!

Accost those fair maidens!

OLD TIME MOTO-JOURNALISM!!!!

#84 ·
Nice work guys.

Here in Japan, all the manufacturers sell track only "white versions" and I haven't decided which '05 600 model to get.

Every little bit of info helps the decision process. Looking forward to the other releases.

Next time sneak one to the track!

Craig

#85 ·
Re: I don't know you or yours but...

I feel every sympathy in the world for the disabled. My uncle has Downs. And I laughed my ass off at that joke.

Life's short. I never tell anyone to lighten up, but I wish they'd stop telling everyone else to heavy down.

#87 ·
I know the underseat is all looks, but it gives you clearance in cornering. Draw back? Hot butt. I too like long hair burnettes of the Asian variety. Guess that's why I married one! :)

Great review MO! I'm really leaning towards a class or the new Big Bore SuperSport (I forgot the name given to this class) with the Kawi 636.

#88 ·
Re: indeed.

No big deal in this case, because with the "sneak away from intro and dyno test it" incident, it'll probably be a cold day you-know-where before MO gets another Yammie to test.

Sigh. Blacklisted again. And you had only recently gotten back into Honda's good graces.

#91 ·
This is Sooooo Annoying!

Here we go again: another year, another crop of fantastic, 600 intros, probably all better than the last...Ho Hum. Now, all you guys who can ride the things (unlike me) get to choose between which particular awesome deal you happen to like the most. Yeah! Well...Goody for you! Hope you all choke on your good fortune.

Yes, as a matter of fact, it is sour grapes. I can't ride the damn things without feeling like a frog in a blender and worrying about my fillings coming out; and, that annoys me to no end! Wouldn't it be wonderful...Tra La...La...to walk around knowing, that no matter which bike you choose, you're probably getting more than your money's worth, anyway? Then, if that's not bad enough, you get to check around for the best price, and end up with an EVEN BETTER DEAL.

All bitterness aside, Yamaha has had the best looking bike for the last several years. I'll take mine in black. But, I can't...Can I!!!

#101 ·
MORONS! in jeans

Sean, what is up with you fools who think cotton weave garments that shred and tear at 15mph and open up skin to the delightful ravages of pavement constitute appropriate safety gear for more than walking? Doing 30mph in jeans let alone 90 or 100 in 'dirty' environment no less is asking to get ripped open and spend some quality time in the ER getting legs put back together. Helmet and leather jacket is fine and I can't see what kind of chintz-ass boots you might or might not be wearing.

Wear some semblance of protective gear next time! Or do us a favor and dispense with the lid since your brain clearly isn't worth much and the jacket too. 600 supersports are supposed to be ridden by squids right, so do it right and wear cutoffs, t-shirts, and flipflops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.