Motorcycle Forums banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

· The Toad
17,448 Posts
Re: Yama sucks.

Spend 4 years futzing with a Mercedes diesel and you'll never complain about vehicles again!! To replace the heater/ac blower you gotta remove the dashboard. To remove the dashboard you gotta remove the freakin' windshield!

Makes my Magna look like a mechano's delight.

I almost bought one of those CBR1000F's like yours (a '95) a few years ago, but the cheap shyt dealer wouldn't throw in new tires ( the ones on the bikes were on the wear marks). I got a Suzuki GSX1100G instead. I do like the Honda though. With bar risers it's near perfect. Oh well.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: The Constitution for Dummies and the Kept Man (egg_beater)

I must say KP that rejoinder was even below your particularly low standards. You would do better my friend if you just gracefully admitted that your knowledge of specific subject matter was inferior to others on certain occasions. VWW

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Be your own man.

It wasn't inferior. You guys switched the argument on me. You called me a liberal and I gave you evidence i am not. You are the pathetic one, you are always the 5th wheel on these threads i.e. the uninvited wacko who has a pathetic sense of economic and political reality. mile_eater has the same 5th wheel thing going on =====desperate for acceptance from the likes of longride, Sean, etc. My advice to you is to be your own man. I think no one would ever say that I am not.

· Registered
1,833 Posts
Re: Be your own man.

Following the heard either politically, or economically makes you more of a lemming than a rugged individualist. It's not anyones fault but your own that you're too obtuse to realize that you, like the rest of the flock of bleating sheep that vote republicrat, are a liberal. BTW though they never will, if Sean or longride ever spew forth the kind of unbridled addle pated idocy that oozes from your every pore, I'll be first inline to question their sanity as I do yours. VWW

· Registered
323 Posts
Re: Razor Sharp my butt...

Buell makes more power? Well maybe so but personally I think "with Stage III numbers in the neighborhood of 120HP and 120+LbFt" are pretty repectable for a mighy fun ride. Everything is relative, seen any Buells racing R1's lately? Maybe the MT-01 will not have as nice a chassis as a Buell but then I would also trust a Yamaha motor more than a Buell. Hey I like the new Buell's, it's the only thing Harley makes that gives you something for your money (how'd that happen?)but that MT-01 looks like a load of fun to me.

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: Why are WE EUROS LUCKY!!

Well, because of this I guess: http://www.motorkari.cz/intermot2004/girls/index.html

check out the Yamaha woman... Nevertheless, this does not mean anything. Yep, we get the new models a bit sooner (some of them) than u dudes in the USA, but if u can't get them what's the point I wonder...

Anyway, check out the http://www.intermot-muenchen.de/ there is an English version of the site as well...

P.S. any other euros on the MO maybe??

· Registered
3 Posts
Re: Why are WE EUROS LUCKY!!

When I say get them I mean purchase them. I live in a european state where the average bike is between 8-12 years old... However, we import stuff from Germany, used. So, I guess even if we piggybag on German market, one can call us lucky... when I say us, I mean the "the new Euros"...

P.S. I am not a chick, I just put the stupid username.

· Registered
1,465 Posts
Not that the MT-01 resembles a Vincent but the idea of that bike is carried forward at least. The fellow who is trying to remake the Vincent using a Honda V-twin should have used the Yamaha engine. Not as much performance but that Honda radiator just doesn't work.

· Registered
24 Posts
The FZ1 is a good bike for it's class . However it is not even close to the performance of an '04 R1 .

Yamaha could build a 1/4 faired "naked " version of this bike ( '04 R1 ) without very much investment . What's wrong with all the Japanese manufacter's ? I mean is there a problem with building such a motorcycle ? Every attempt at a " naked bike " by a Japenese manuf. has been a compromise , carbs , old style steel frames , inferior suspension , overweight , not enough power , or just plain ugly .

Damn what the h*ll is it going to take to get it through to them - that they just need to change a few parts and BAM! the best " naked bike " on the planet !!!

In fact a whole new class of "super naked bike's".

If they want to limit top speed to keep it from performing too close to their "open class sportbikes " that is fine - who cares ? The aftermarket will sell chips to open them back up . Imho they just need to start building these things and quit screwing around .

101 - 115 of 115 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.