Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Seems as though Yossef has run out of adjectives, which has to be the first time, for him.

I wonder what he would have written if he took some tranquilizer drugs first. (Judging from what he wrote, most likely they would have burned off in about 5 minutes..)

I've come to terms with advancing age, more or less, but the Aprilia report makes me wish I were about 50 years younger, at least for one ride on the Tuono. With an open road and no law enforcement around, of course.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Quanto costo?

How much will it cost? More importantly - will it be available - for REAL - in the US? When I went to the Boston-area Aprilia dealer last summer, he laughed me out the door - he did not have anything to sell me and did not even EXPECT to have product.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get it right next time!

Maybe you can now redeem yourselves....

A comparo with bikes more closely related in class: Aprilia Tuono, Buell XB12, Ducati S4Rs, Honda 919, Kawasake Z1000, Triumph Speed Triple, and Yamaha FZ1. Do the latest versions of each. Extra points if you keep your licenses!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Re: Christ, read it a story before you post it?

Wrap speed and eating launch? Still lucky for me I didnt fit on the old one, doubtfull I'll get my knees under that sharply cut tank of the new one.

When is the KTM 950 Supermoto due out? No knee worries there. Supermoto's are made for big oaf's like me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
wow...Another Italian money pit. OH, can't find one? Gee maybe there's a dealer within 500 miles or so. No, only 700 miles away!! They can't get one? No parts? Welcome to Itlalian bike ownership...I think L'll take my chances with the avian flu, it might turn out better. At least it's not as hideous as a Moto Guzzi.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I freakin' LOVE the Tuono. But I'd never buy one 'cause the State would be forcing me to walk within about 10 days after delivery.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
What a neat bike. I hope it has the same seat, peg, tank set-up; that way I won't have enough leg room. And there is no way I'm spending a grand to move the pegs around on a new $13k bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
So did Aprilia intentionally get all of the old Kawasaki wheels from the mid 80's sportbikes?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Now if we could just get this engine in a Buell

". Some will say that the Tuono's beauty is in fact in that light technical "ugliness", that twisted and subversive streetfighter Frankensteinian charm.'

You nailed it Yosef. Hire a plastic surgeon for this beast.

Can you imagine the Tuono's engine in a pretty Buell Firebolt. I would be the first one to buy one in Seattle...98 kW (133 HP) at 9,500 rpm. What is the redline on a Buell 6,000-7000 and torque for the Tuono is 10.4 kgm (102 Nm) at 8,750 rpm. [/b]

Can the American motorcycle industry build a engine like this Eric??

Great review Yosef thanks fun read

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
The Tuono is a couple of cans of Krylon matte black from being just about perfect. Even a KTM super motto in go-to-hell orange is prettier than this thing.

I need a better paying job: first, to pay for the thing & its new paint and second, for ticket & bail money. My God I love this bike but would someone at Aprilia go talk to MV Agusta.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.