Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Being a BMW, it has to be ugly. It seems like every new BMW design is independantly tested for ugliness and doesn't leave the factory until several clocks stop working.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
huh? my opinion was the review was particularly bland... is this board for expressing opinions or not...run along i hear your mommy calling wtf?? if you have a point make it ..if you wish to name call then its you who belongs in the playground not me ...i thought this ***** had died out with bigdx

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Expressing opinions is fine, but the "first post", "do I get a prize", and "did you copy this from the BMW brochure" as the frist three posts was waaay over the top. My point was clear. Acting like a 12-year-old here is acting like an *******, and that was YOU. If the review was bland then say so, and if you didn't like it, say that. I'm sure Pete did a lot of work on the review, and to have someone shyt on it is not really funny. If the board is for "expressing opinions" then my opinion is to cut out your bullshyt, and act like you have a brain. That's my opinion.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: $18,800....

Hell, you could buy a REAL motor-sickle like a Road Glide for that..........(snork..)

No, this looks like another winner for BMW, adjustable everything, smooth fast and decent handling and I'll bet Kawasaki gave them a hell of a deal on those left over Concours side panels...

I wouldn't mind having one but I'd probably get a Sprint or Tiger or even the above mentioned Road Glide first. BMW's just don't do it for me anymore. I know they're excellent bikes and all, I just find the whole teutonic engineering thing passe`...my opinion only of course, it's an excellent bike and I'm sure whoever buys one will be very happy with it

rat on..rat on....

·
Registered
540 Posts
$18K for a stripped model. It better have wings. I'd love this bike in a budget model for $12K, take the abs, electric windshield, and all the other solutions to problems I don't have, and make the darn thing affordable (by Teutonic standards).

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Sounds like BMW ironed out some of the kinks from the K1200S, er, uh, except the ugliness. Actually, this one makes the K1200S look kind of pretty.

Nice bike, anyway.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Still Servo Brakes?

Still with those servo assisted brakes? I had heard, or maybe dreamed, they were going to drop those.

What I'm really looking forward to is the R1200R, but there is a screaming silence in the rumor mill about it.

With my '01 VFR starting to spring leaks and generally show it's age I'm thinking winter '06-07 is new bike time, and a big, premium sports tourer is definitely on the list. But why would I buy the bimmer instead of an FJR? A careful following of the bimmer boards shows a raft of problems with the supposedly reliable current bmw's. Go ask any R1200GS owner what he does to quell the nightmares of looming main seal failure? I've found few negative comments on the reliability of the FJR.

I also strongly believe that parts count is inversely proportional to reliability, and this thing has a lot of extra features and parts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Patience, grasshopper...

The rumor mill is that Kawasaki is doing a Concourse replacement hyper ST bike based on the ZX-14/ZZR-1400.

So you may very well get your $13k hyper-velocity tourer.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.