Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original Article:

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2006 BMW R 1200 GS Adventure in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.
I have been shopping for a 1200 GS. It is hard to find a negitive about this bike. I was glad to read that the rider was able to feel comfortable off road so soon. The question I can not find an answer to is which options/ accesories make this bike.
I think you could spend 5K on extras. what are the options that are must have, and boy if you had the money, get this stuff on your list. what did this bike have on it? thanks for the article.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Why did "Administrator" plant a 17 month-old article?

Computer has a timer, maybe? Gotta post something, even if it's old?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yeah but it's a BMW...the weight is carried nice and high
My buddy with the 6 BMWs had an R1150GS. He sold it after a year and bought a plain jane R1100R and fitted it out for adventure touring. He says it's much better in tough going because it is so much lower than the GS. I believe him, having owned heavy high COG bikes myself.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
My buddy with the 6 BMWs had an R1150GS. He sold it after a year and bought a plain jane R1100R and fitted it out for adventure touring. He says it's much better in tough going because it is so much lower than the GS. I believe him, having owned heavy high COG bikes myself.
That's one of the reasons I didn't buy a Uly, opting for the Bonneville instead awhile back. It felt like I was on stilts trying to balance a few cinderblocks, that and about 175ft. turning radius made it a handfull to ride.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
If I Were Miss America

You weed whacked off the Premium part?
Each month, the staff of Motorcycle.com carefully reviews the membership postings and other factors in order to qualify them as "Premium Members." It's a grueling process, involving the review of hundreds of threads and thousands of posts. After the review period, the membership is ranked. At that point, only the top 14th percentile are awarded the prestigious "Premium Member" designation.

Either that, or it's time to pay again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Original Article:

I got a BMW GS R1200 ADV 2007, run 12.000 KM and having problems with antena key and the eletronic part of the gas pump. I'm not happy at this time because I pay what they ask and not getting a good product. I would like to kwon if you had other problems with your bike.
Kind regards

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I think the GSR1200 would be good ammunition for ona dem trebuches, so you could fling it a few blocks through the roof of the BMW dealership you bought it from. Overpriced [email protected]

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Such a shame too

I think the GSR1200 would be good ammunition for ona dem trebuches, so you could fling it a few blocks through the roof of the BMW dealership you bought it from. Overpriced [email protected]
The airheads used to be close to bulletproof except for the odd diode board going out, early K bikes are good for at least 100 k with proper maintenance, these new ones seem to have just too much of an automotive electronics influence. Pity really, they're such nice bikes. It's so typical of the Germans to build a decent product and then over complicate it.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
The canbus system reduces current flow when it thinks it sees too heavy of a load. One possible solution is to manually connect your fuel pump to the battery with a seperate on/off switch.

People also wire their accessories (electric vests, etc) directly to the battery to avoid canbus issues.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.