Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good review, although it seems like you had a bit of coffee (or cocaine) when you wrote it, but that's okay.

My dealer has a almost new S2R-1000 with 100 miles on it, a guy bought for his wife and she decided she preferred riding on the back to having her own bike. I think for the power output and lower maintenence cost the S2R makes more sense for a street bike.

I think looks wise I still prefer the Brutale 910, which is quite an accomplishment for a I4.

Now if they put that much rumoured 1200cc V-twin in there that may be the perfect bike..

·
Registered
720 Posts
S2R

I just spent a couple days putting a lot of freeway and back-roads miles on our long-term S2R and I am very impressed. It's a nice bike; not perfect, but very nice.

It's not a smooth motor per se, but it is plenty tourquey and fast enough for non-Yossefs. I saw 120 on the speedo before I chickened out (I was on SR 91 near Artesia) and it gets up to the Ton in no time at all. It was comfortable enough for two hours at a stretch in the saddle and got over 50 mpg.

The Brutale isn't as comfortable and gets under 30 mpg.

I think the S2R (with some suspension and FI work) may be the perfect Duc!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Man, I guess I'm just a dork. The Marchesinis and Ohlins are cool, but the testastretta and the radiator aren't. The extra power is nice, but it's mostly up top and the motor is flat-out ugly. I had the same sentiment when my buddy traded his M900 for an S4.

Also, what's up with the fuel mileage? Can we really not get power out of a twin without car-like fuel mileage?

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
I was checking out the new Tuono at the races this weekend and I think I prefer it over this.

My 916 engine ST4 regularly gets in the 40s for MPG although I'm certain I don't ride it in full hooligan mode like yosef is riding the Monster.

The Brutale's mileage was seriously brutale.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
new KTM and Aprilia twins will be here soon and then Monster will be showing its age. Ah, i remember the first M900 it was very cool bike... i am old now but it is a good excuse for not wearing pants in the office.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Saw a red one today being prepped for the Ducati Demo launch of this bike May 12 and 13. It looks sooo much better in person than in pics... very solid (compared to the more see-through look of the air cooled monsters). High quality everywhere.

I am biased, the white one I orderd a long time ago will be here in two weeks.

It's not practical but I bought with my heart and it will be ridden hard street and track.

Nice review (if you wanted or needed confirmation to love it).

Lawyer

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Vintage Ducati S4Rs

"It feels slightly 'seated' on its back wheel, as if it should have less rake."

Is that a nice way of saying it handles like a truck?

Or a CB450 like my buddy's ST4?

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Re: Vintage Ducati S4Rs

i want to party with her and Condi and martha stewart prison probly taught her a few things. yeah liquid-cooled monster is just a bad idea. like merlin 12-cyl. in a Schwinn stingray. mscuddy probly has one already.

·
Registered
540 Posts
What if your dog was drunk? Actually you're a good dog owner, so I won't go there. Hard to imagine puppies that aren't cute, but here we are.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.