Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Almost got the first post.

Where is the Harley VRSCD Night Rod in your review. It crosses the low seat hight and more "crusierish" look of the V-rod with the mid mounted controls and more powerful engine of the street rod. Awesome! We need a review very soon.

DJ

·
Registered
512 Posts
Thanks Sean

It was worth the wait!!

Thanks Sean, as usual your comments are right on the money on what us actual motorcyclist want to hear who actually ride our bikes.

Is the bike fun, reliable, easy to ride, easy to maintain and verstial? Yes, then it's a good bike to own!!

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Hey Sean, thanks for the great review. It looks like you had a great launch.

Why is it I enjoy HD reviews more than say a Yamaha Warrior review?

Oh, I know, the marketing machine is working it's magic.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Great review! I sat on the new Ulyssess & it was pretty tall but spot on for what it is designed to do. I have to work during the time for Buell's chat session but let him know I would be ready to take it on the Iron Butt 50cc ride anytime to prove it's worth. I'ld even write an article for MO about it! And I have to admit I had the wind up Evel Knievel bike too

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm starting to really dig the XB12X, for the money I like it better than the Multistrada and GS. I wonder if they're in the showrooms ?

·
Registered
514 Posts
About that Screeching Beagle VRXSE and its sub 10 second quarter mile times...

I recently read a supersport comparo article where Ricky Gadson took a stock 600 sub 10 seconds on multiple passes.

I guess with Harley you don't get much "go fast" for your $31K

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good job Sean. Nice write up.

I have test ridden the "Lightening Long" and I think it's a great machine. The only fly in the ointment for me is that I would like to see the accessory catalog include a windscreen and some bags. Does anybody know if the Ulysses bags will fit on the Lightening Long?

Francis

·
Registered
54 Posts
I read a couple of days ago in Cycle World, I believe, that the Buell XB12X was seriously handicapped in the dirt by its lack of steering radius. Apparently because of that they picked the BMW as the better choice in the dirt. Also, the power of their test bike also seemed significantly lower than the Buells you guys tested previously. You seem to confirm this in your test. Would it be a result of the new air intake?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Is the Buell in one of the pics on the MO homepage doing a burnout or blowing its engine? ;)

Seriously though, I like the looks of the Buell bikes a lot and wish them all the luck in the world.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Probably not, but it's always been that way. I guess you could say it's a bargain compared to the 11 second Sreamin' Eagle V-Rod.

I actually would like to see a Sreamin' Eagle Street Rod w/ the 1300cc 165 horse motor.

For the money I'm sure you could get a busa in the 8's though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
And the Ulysses comes with that great bash muffler underneath!!!

I'm sorry, but the Ulysses reminds me of an ad in the back of Consumer Reports many years ago for a bathing suit that had a fine print warning not to get it wet.

I've got no doubt that it's a bunch of fun. As I suspected, it looks like a hooligan multi-strada, with lots of muscle and intensity. But it's never going to be any kind of adventure bike, sports or otherwise, with that belly muffler and, what, maybe 5 inches of ground clearance? From here, it looks like any other Buell except with a normal sized frame and seat, for once. And what does a new muffler cost the first time something smacks it?

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they'll sell boatloads of these (to other than dealers and employees). Maybe.

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes, it is, the guy i talked to in NM said that each dealer would start with just one, and implied that they would be jacking the price, so i didn't even look at it. I was ready to buy a Roadking before i started dealing with the dealers in el paso, texas and NM. Now it's go triumph!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Looks like some decent equipment from HD/Buell. IMO the anniversery Superglide doesn't look right without the boattail and two into one pipe. The Streetbob should have a Pea-Pad at least, single seat bikes don't make it for me. The Ulysses is cool as a Multi Strada, but the rim mounted disc, low pipe and belt drive pretty well keep it out of the BMW/Tiger/ VStrom league. The V Rod is "different" I'm sure they'll sell a truck load of each.

Not to me though I just bought a new Thruxton. After 25 years of four cylinder bikes I'm back on an air cooled twin, loving every minute! Still kept my Trophy for a 4 cyl. rush though...

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.