Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wonder how long it will take for Suzuki to answer the challenge with a redesigned Busa? I mean, I was under the impression that development of hypersports bikes was kind of in limbo. No major changes to the Busa, Blackbird, or ZX-12 have ever been made.... and then, out of the blue, Kawi comes out with this thing.

Also notice that it didnt announce the 14 along with the new 650 and 10, it held it in reserve. Hell, it hasnt even officially been announced.

Suzuki still hasnt weighed in, officially, with its 06 models. I wonder if they'll be caught off-guard for a year until they can revamp the Busa, if they'll just ignore the 14, or if we'll see a revamped Busa in a week or two.

I also wonder if Honda might be holding announcement of its rumoured V5 blackburd/VFR hypersport in reserve until after the other manufacturers have played their trump cards.

Either way, interesting times.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I cant wait to see this supposed Supermono bike. Hopefully it will combine high-tech frame and suspension tech with a decent purchase price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the 192 bhp mark is true (and depending on whether or not that measurement takes into account Ram Air), I think that this bike will probably hit 200mph with a restrictor-eliminator.

IIRC, before they mandated the 186mph governer, the Hayabusa was knocking on 200mph's door, with 25-30 fewer horsepower.

I'm aware of the law of diminishing returns, an extra 30hp might not be enough to nudge it over the 200mph mark, but if anyone can do it, its Kawasaki. Ram-air + wind tunnel research = good top speed charachteristics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts