Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I said when they introduced the TT600 that making it a Four was a mistake (me and about a jillion other people, none of whom, unfortunately, were named John Bloor). I want one.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
"Now let's hug and sing 'koombaya'."

So far, The Most Irritating Cliche of the 21st Century. Seems I encounter this crappy expression (usually in the form of, "Hold hands and sing Kumbaya") at least once a week now. Grrrr.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
You know, the funny thing is that Triumph was seriously considering a triple at that time--they had already done the groundwork--and then a decision was made that it should be an inline-4, hence what became the TT600.

In retrospect, it might have actually been a good thing because I'm not sure the company had the resources to do it right back then.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
We need an MO Competitive Eating Shootout.

First Round: 5 minutes to eat as many Burritos as you can, followed with 3 track laps

Second Round: Fried Food and 3 track laps

Third Round: 5 gallons of ice cream and 3 track laps.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Easy with the cofee dude.. Eat some donuts with it ....

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Darn it Gabe... Now I have to choose between being late to work or obsessing about what is in this shootout all day. Obsesion it is...Nice pictures though :)

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
675 cheating?? Only if thinking outsida the box is - sorry for the gratuitous mgmtspeak babble...

One thing I still don't get about 600 comparos is the extreme emphasis on track performance. Well, actually I do: the target market expects it. But I expect 99% of all 600 class miles will be on the street. Oooook, maybe 97.5% in sunny SoCal, home of infinite trackdaze.

Scene I've never seen before: was having a nice healthy breakfast at Waffle House in Blairsville, GA (Hint: Ron "Tater Salad" White has a hysterically funny riff on the yellow house of waffles) on Sunday. On the way in I'd noticed 4 or 5 600's all with FL plates. As we wuz Jonzing for Waffles, we paid the crowd no attention as we hurried to the only vacant booth. Whilst stuffing health food into the gullets, we noted the 600 pilots swaggering out to their silent & sullen mounts. Only one was skinny and he looked 40ish. The rest were burgher-ish, babbittish, prosperish looking middle aged, 50ish looking guys. All looked as if they had to lay on their backs to skinny into the leathers, like a Heather wiggling into her Gloria Vanderbilt circa 1981 "designer" jeans. Leathers were bright but subdued compared to the typical 600 squid's.

As they sped away, they all displayed the touch that can't be faked: 30-35 years of experience on a wide range of bikes. Smooth, liquid, quick and natural. No care for the spectators. A delight to see.

Bottom line: nice article. If I were you I'd spend more time on the street abilities. After all, you never know who just might be thinking outside - well, you know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Seeing as how none of the other manufacturers have gone with a "cheater" I guess they are not real concerned that the Kaw has an extra 36cc of displacement. However, since Kaw is the only one doing this, I would have to say that yes, it is a cheater. However, since the new 675 outperformes the 636 in both horsepower and torque, I guess the question is now unnecessary. Now we get to see how the big four will respond to this out-of-the-ordinary machine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's the real question: why is the ducati 749 never included in this middleweight shootout? It is in the same performance class according to the AMA, and just about every other racing organization on the planet. It seems to me that a complete middleweight shootout would have to include the duc on principle, since it is indeed a middleweight.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My guess would be because it is not really in the middleweight class. It is really in a class of its own. If it were on par performance-wise with the other machines in the shootout I would guess that it would be included, but it has such a huge performance advantage it would be like comparing a ... well, a 600 to a 750. If you look at the dyno numbers, there is only a 7 hp spread between these 5 bikes, and 5 ft.lbs difference. If you throw the 750 in there, its numbers would fall well outside the average curve, making it a totally different machine altogether

·
Registered
480 Posts
He said nipples!pierced!where is this woman.I got a chance to ride on a 675 before I was canned by the government here in vegas[best thing that ever happened]and I can tell you,soon as I can ,my 5 ft, 5 &1/2inch black furry butt is gonna rob a bank and git one. Rich guy had one at a construction site,so naturally I struck up ao converse with him so I could ride it.Hey my subscript is running out how do I renew?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks MO, Great test.

As someone who really doesn't care about cheating, I do care for the best combination of road and track use and wonder how the new GSX-R750 would fare in this test. Any idea?

·
Registered
473 Posts
nice work, guys .... BUT

great test ... as usual. but whenever you guys publish comparative horsepower and torque curves, i can never make out which plot is which. the colors are too similar and the lines are too thin.

i am sure there is a better way.

it is a minor point, i know, but i know you guys appreciate the input.

·
Registered
458 Posts
"racing..."

"But its SUPERSPORT RACING CLASS..."

a: Ducati 750s compete in that.

b: In britain, the 675 tripple has already been slotted in.

c: Uhh, Kawasaki?

d: I don't care. I want a Speed 675

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.