Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
No mention of build quality . I heard from a mechanic at a dealer, several years ago mind, that fit and finish left a lot to be desired. Maybe Piaggio has addresed this ? Looks like they are starting to make some interesting bikes. I hope they do well. The more the merrier I say.

·
Registered
277 Posts
A mechanic friend of mine says that the late '90s Guzzis he used to work on were among the worst for fit and finish that he'd ever seen... but the recent ones, since Aprilia and now Piaggio have put some money into the firm, are among the best. If you get a chance to see a Griso in the metal rather than in a magazine, you'll be impressed.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
So, it is possible to build crusiers that can handle. Whoodathunk?

I guess you just have to want to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I love my Guzzi. Great bike, great big thumping fun. My LeMans is my favorite of five bikes. 90 horses, good reliable handling and great respect from all riders. The factory titanium cannisters have the best sound in all motorcycling. Champange gold fairing, blacked out engine with epoxy-red sideocvers. 485 pounds with a 1100cc V-twin. Low vibration (the good kind, not the four cylinder whine) clip-ons with two jackhammers at your service. There are riders on faster bikes but none with such a big *****-eating grin!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Re: Variety Is the Spice of Life!

It's nice to see bike makers still building a variety of engine configurations. It would be a boring world if the inline four was the only engine available.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Here comes Count Kookula

Dude, don't go inviting the vampire into our house.

Get the crucifix, garlic, current WSB standings, Mladin's stinky post-race socks, and a wooden stake, quick!

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Somebody should alert Yossef that the 1150cc BMWs were all the newer oil head motors. The air head motors had a maximum capacity of 1050cc, and that was only achievable after an expensive re-sleeving job at a machine shop.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.