Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: if you're riding on the street...

"...bend over, I'll show ya the next bend!"

So you think he's wrong about his old Honda Hawk being able to out-torque an R6 off the line, and you're offering to correct his misapprehension through the liberal application of gay sex?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Patience

MO has held for a couple of years now the editorial direction of waiting a bit, when it seems prudent, so as to obtain a longer and more complete test, and, when necessary, to enable themselves to dispell rumors, even those rumors arising from other magazines' tests. This has been especially true of high-hype new models.

But when the MO Files report, you can take their assertions to the bank. Yes, it sometimes takes a bit longer, but you usually get a review of the model in question, along with a "review of the reviews" if you will.

In this instance, how many dead-tree mags went to the Barnes 'N' Noble before RPM-gate broke? If that's an important issue for you, and if you use magazine review to help inform your buying decision, then congratulations, you mayhave already won a screwing of the pooch. MO's stance on article timing, and gues editors, and some other things, is part of what makes them better.

Well, that, and the half-dozen sections of the site that aren't ever updated. Kidding! Guys, don't ban me! I'll get that other guy to "show you round the next bend" when you're lonely, just don't ban me!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Agreed. And furthermore, the scandalous discrepancy is between 16,200 and 17,500 rpm. 1,300 rpm, at the extreme top end...on a 600. That's gotta be a difference of, what?, 3 or 4 whole, entire horsepower.

Let's pick a random gear, say third gear. Can anyone figure up what the theorhetical speed of the bike is at 16,200 rpm? and at 17,500? How much "performance" are we really talking about here?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Wow...

A$$less chaps are part of an alternative lifestyle I can't support, though you'd be the first Hawk rider I've known to wear them.

I do own a sweet set of arm chaps, though! Fringe and everything.

And in conclusion, I'd just like to remind the American people that YOUR MOM!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts