Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Sounds like a nice bike should be a hoot, but the dealers over here do little or nothing to steer "kids' toward this kind of bike, like they should. Sickens me to see 16 to 18 year olds on GSXR, Ninja (not 250 or 500) or CBR anything. They have the balls but not the chops! And we all know what's gonna happen to the bike and rider, sooner than later. I hate to see a good bike ruined like that...also hate to see potential good riders scared away (or hauled away) from the sport! Road rash will do that too you... Kinda funny that the only companies that have had ANY luck selling fairingless bikes are H-D ([email protected] near all of them) and BMW (RxxxR and those goofy cruiser series). Go figure...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Nice Review... The styling is nice and modern but may not go far enough..Too bad we will never see it here...Those European are so lucky but hey we have 12 different Boulevards to choose from.. ;)

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
A real, no-excuses motorcycle. No body work to scuff up, a motor that works everywhere, good egos, should sell at a decent price...No way in hell Americans are smart enough to own this bike. Enjoy the thing in Europe.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I would. I'm planning on buying an SV type of bike within the next 12-24 months.

I like the looks of this bike better. But I guess price would be a factor. No matter how much better I think this bike looks over the SV, it's still hard to pass up a slightly used SV that will cost between $3500 and $4500.

I'm figuring the GSR will run between $6300 and $6900 in the US.

I think it will make it's way over here since it seems the Bandit is being phased out. It might end up with some sort of half fairing or something, though. Or maybe this will be labeled the bandit if/when it makes it's way over here.

·
Registered
720 Posts
What About Individual Responsibility?

They're 18, they can have anything they want. Why is it always the evil salesmen responsible for "steering" customers towards anything? As a guy who worked a salesman, I can say with confidence that you can't sell a customer anything they don't want (although I can proudly say I got one guy to buy a Speed 4 instead of an R6). Most of the time you will lose a customer--forever--and they just go to another motorcycle shop and buy some hyper-bike there.

Don't blame the salesmen, although there are unscrupulous ones out there. Instead, blame ignorance that can only be erased with mandatory training (that should include material on selecting and purchasing equipment of all kinds, including the bike) and mentor ship from smart, thoughtful guys like you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I did a test spin on this bike a couple of weeks ago.

I liked it, but in the end I bought a Monster S2R instead (less 'plastic' looks and I love the torque of the Duc).

I also thought the 'modern art meets technology' stuff a bit over the top (my wife is an artist and she thinks the Monster is a work of art .. )

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just might

...were I an entry level buyer again. But my first brand-new streetbike was a '96 Bandit, so there's precedence. I was weird enough to trade my fairing to a bloke in the UK for his standard headlamp.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Hey you got Rune.

I worked out a method of importing one to Europe, but to by-pass the type inspection regulations it would involve me having a stint of work in the States. How ´bout flipping burgers in Pittsburgh for six months to get the bike I want.

- cruiz-euro

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Just fly to New York. For a couple hundred bucks you can get papers that "prove" you've had it for years! Just ask on any street corner.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.