Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2006 Suzuki SV650S v. 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2006 Suzuki SV650S v. 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great article and comparison of two competent rides for the learner and the experienced riders out there.

I own an '02 SV650S. My son-in-law owns an '06 Ninja 650R. I like the SV650S better, but that is not to say that the comments about a learner bike for the K bike are not true. It is a perfect bike to learn on because of the more upright seating position for the rider. My wife learned to ride on the SV and now rides a BMW R1150R Rockster. The Zuk, however, is a better long term bike for the learner as well as the more experienced rider. I ride a BMW R1150RS for my daily rider, but would not hesitate to load up the Zuk with some side bags and head for the coast.

Ride on!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran an R100S for a while and absolutely love the 1200GS.

Chris King's 1st Amendment Page: KingCast, BMW Motorrad, Wagner Motorsports, Sara and Brad present: A fine day of BMW riding at Wachusett Reservoir!

As to the middleweights I love the SV but I love my 650R more. Also in the real world of traffic on the highway I am always faster than the SV, which admittedly has a better suspension. I lowered the forks not quite an inch and that took the bars away from me just a bit.

SV has more torque down low and pulls harder on top but the meat of the 650R's midrange allows it to pull in most situations.

On the track stock the SV will probably be better, especially in bumpy or short tracks where you can't get to the kawi's midrange.

-Peace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.