Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is the third season for my 03 V-Strom. New record for me. Longest that the new bike monkey hasn't been able to successfully jump on my back. Every time I try a new bike and then get back on the Strom I just can't spend the money. Its just too good. The low price and easy upkeep makes it even better.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree that the V-Strom's injection isn't perfect, but compared to the three BMW GS's that I had previously, the injection is spot on. You want frustration and feelings of not getting what you paid for, you missed out on the ultimate of the above with the R1100 and R1150GS's! In 04 they finally corrected fuel injection problems that existed from 1995 until 2004. Surging, bucking, hunting, you name it. Officially BMW never admitted there was an issue at all. Their standard response was that it was rider error. It was really interesting to watch their PR when they corrected the non-problem with the twin plug engine in 04. Do PR departments really think that people buy into the crap they spoon out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts