Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a 04 Honda 1100 Sabre, an 02 BMW 1150 RT, an 05 650 V-Strom and an 06 Yamaha FJR 1300. If I had to keep just one, it would be the V-Strom. I have ridden a couple of DL 1000 and I thought the handling was a dissapointment compared to the 650. A friend who owned a 1000 recommended I buy the 650, he said he wished he had. The 650 has enough power in most situations. If Suzuki would puch it out to 750, give the fuel tank one more gallon, and put a driveshaft on it, it would be the perfect bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The FJR is a great bike. It is by far the best sport touring bike I have ridden. And I love it for what it does. My point about the V-Strom was that, "if I could only own one bike", I would keep the Suzuki because it does so many things well. It is kind of the Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. The supprising thing is that even though it is so universal, it doesn't compromise anywhere. Granted the stock windscreen is junk (turbulence) and they are kind of ugly, but other than those issues I think it is a pretty good way to get a garage full of motorcycles for very little money.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts