Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I have been saying this every time people complain about Speed.

Speed is not in the business to lose money and it appears Motorcycle racing is a total money loser.

We ought to thank Speed for showing it at all.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Just go buy the damn thing and it will already be in the garage when she gets home from yoga class or whatever.

If WA is like CA there is no cooling off period. You might have to sleep on the couch for a couple of nights but a new moto is certainly worth that.

See what you get for being a "social liberal?" A neo-con would buy it and make her go out and wash it in between preparing dinner.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
Unless you have a Nielson box attached to your set or an Arbitron diary none of what you do counts. If you are a Nielson home, recording programs would count.

Ratings are at best an educated guess based on the viewing habits of monitored homes.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
I'm not sure how they handled that with the advent of channel surfing.

In radio they use what's called AQH (Average Quarter Hour share or sometimes referred to as cumes) which is why radio stations put on the most popular songs at the top of the hour and don't break until 20 minutes after. You pile up 15 minute listening blocks that way.

How long you watch or listen isn't as important as how many people listen which explains why stations play the same 10 songs over and over.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
That's why I never listen to Classic Rock stations. I'm more into the modern-alt-progressive-type stations.

I just saw a concert featuring Panic! at the Disco, Franz Ferdinand, Hard-Fi, Dashboard Confessional, etc. Stuff you'd never hear on Dinosaur rock stations.

I already own all those records anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts