Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
A good choice for riders since this Japanese design was stolen from the wildly successful French Yamaheau Areau6

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
I was always led to believe the R6 was merely a cheap-copy of the Opel GT.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Actually they did. They took the Dijon V-Twin, grafted two of them together horizontally, decreased the v angle to 0 degrees, and VIOLA!
You forgot that they ripped-off water-cooling from Volkwagen and the cam-actuation technology from the Ford Flathead V8.............:cool:

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
This one's never been laid down though, how do we know it didn't hit something?

I smell a rat, probably after K-K-Ken's blue cheese stuffed olives

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You forgot that they ripped-off water-cooling from Volkwagen and the cam-actuation technology from the Ford Flathead V8.............:cool:
Everyone knows that the Volks was a copy of the French VoolksWageen, and the Ford Flathead was a copy of the original French Flatsheed motor. C'mon Sarnali, get your history straight!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
LR,

Your spelling! It was the French "Flaccid" motor.

The Japanese revolutionized (sorry, poor word choice when discussing the French) the industry when they realized that if you installed the French motor backwards, the vehicle would move surprisingly fast in the forward direction!

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
LR,

Your spelling! It was the French "Flaccid" motor.

The Japanese revolutionized (sorry, poor word choice when discussing the French) the industry when they realized that if you installed the French motor backwards, the vehicle would move surprisingly fast in the forward direction!
I got all mixed up. Between all the French Corvette copies and Harley copying everything French, I can't keep them straight. All we know is that anything with any importance or heritage was invented by the French and copied by everyone else. At least I learned that by hanging out here.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Well I'm going to have a plate of Freedom Fries with my chicken and forget the whole thing

I grew up in Montreal, I've seen and heard enough frog bullsh1t to last me a lifetime

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Y'know, it just occurred to me.....

.......it must be terribly hard for someone to sell an R6 on the MO forums; even in the Classifieds section.........

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Non............

.......it must be terribly hard for someone to sell an R6 on the MO forums; even in the Classifieds section.........
... eet ees not hard to sell an R6. Eet's just hard to get much monee for eet. Eef you own oownone on contracte' you are guaranteed to bee seeriously upside down as soon as you ride eet away. Best price ees around 28,374.18 francs.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Nah na, de Air one is fass bike no? de Air six is bike for girls oui? no one will buy dis from you 'ear, bes' to do is maybe trow dis in de San Lauron and tell dem is sto-lan oui, den you gets from dem some monies for een-sha-rounce.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.