Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: 2006 Yamaha Sportbikes, please sir, more.

CANT wait for first street viewing of these newbies in NYC, never fails with ALL new carstrucksbikes....you can find the bad boys on em first and early in this wee town. Sigh....so.. whens the Conny,KLR,VFR 06 Big Fizzer test? You just know some of us can sense you all shuffeling that new gearthingie profile/review back a bit. Wonderful scoop- Im daydreaming this A.M.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Thanks guys(and girl), what a great way to start the day.

That FZ-1 sure looks nice. I may need to sit on the thing a few times and make engine noises. I'm pissed there is a new Yamaha dealership about 4mi. from my house.

I'll tell them I just come in everyday for the donuts and coffee.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, the new R6 isnt much of a suprise, as the pics were released a week ago (or, should I say, leaked). Still, its damned hot. If I hadnt bought my SV650 a month ago, I'd be on one as soon as the dealers get one. In raven, please.

Gotta get my SV paid off quickly. O_O

So, when do Honda and Suzuki lift the veils on their new goods? Given that this *is* an arms race of sorts, they cant exactly afford to wait.

·
Registered
480 Posts
YOWZAH.good thing I don,t live in nawlins,because while everyone is stealing stupid stuff like bread and water,I would be waiting on the nearest highway for the first yammie truck to hijack.Manoman, they are the bomb.thanks! my subscription money is a damn good investment.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but it appears MCN got their wires crossed (big surprise) on the R6. It looks like their rendition was based on the R6S (notice the similar front fairing and overall shape) and not the new R6. So that would explain how they were soooo far off. They were watching the wrong bike!

And perhaps Yamaha created a very effective diversion with the 6S.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That new FZ-1 looks like an answer to Gabe's rant. But, more in line with my own interests, what's up with the "unified" brakes on the FJR? Are we talking linked brakes here? eeewww. Just 'cause BMW and Honda think it's a good idea on their sport tourers (and you'll notice BMW has removed the back-to-front linking on their new models) doesn't mean we all want 'em that way! Remember, the FJR is the "supersport-tourer".

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.