Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Air-Cooled Twins Naked Comparo in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
WTF happened to all the pictures? Is MO a braile based publication now? Ah nutz...back to my tankert of grog...urp...

·
Registered
956 Posts
WTF happened to all the pictures? Is MO a braile based publication now? Ah nutz...back to my tankert of grog...urp...
Very happy to see it wasn't just me. Wish I had read this though before I messed with all of the computer settings.

Timely write up. If I don't lose my job on the 15th these are the bikes I'm looking at. Or just keep the ninja and get a klr as well, or develop a 5 gallon fuel tank for the klx, or....

ps disappointed to hear that only the sport Strada will be available in the future

·
Registered
458 Posts
How about a little honesty about the Buell engine...

"The engine is uninspiring below 4500 rpm but has torque and power everywhere else."

Uhh, that is, up to the 7.1k redline.

You know, this is like saying
"The R6 engine is uninspiring below 10K RPM but has torque and power everywhere else"

The Buell aircooled engine, as I've always said, is a PEAKY engine. THe fraction of the RPM range that it generates power is no better than a 600 supersport.

A wethead Ulysseus would be wonderful, and I'd hope for one in 2009. But that engine and transmission is a dog.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
"Photo" Button

If you scroll all the way to the bottom you can click on the "Photo" button and see all of the photos for the article.

Yeas, for some reason the photo links throughout the article are broken, but you can find all of those photos inside the "Photo" section until the broken links are corrected.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Good God, B-bar change your sig and picture, that was one of the very few movies that well and truly creeped me out

And there you are living in an old farmhouse?.....hmmmm...big barn or basement no doubt eh?.......hmmmm

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
An excellent comparo, I enjoyed reading it. No big surprises in how the bikes did overall. It's a shame though that Guzzi can't take their bikes up a notch or two. They have a terrific corporate history, and there's a lot I like about them. I've always thought their engine configuration is just plain cool. But Guzzi is like a bridge that goes almost all the way across the river...doesn't matter how close it gets or how nice it is, until the bridge hits the other shore nobody really cares.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Clarice Starling: Mr. Gordon, good, uh... well Frederica used to work for Mrs. Lippman. Did you know her?

Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb: No, nuh-uh. Oh wait... was she a great big fat person?

Clarice Starling: Yeah she was a big girl, sir.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Serious Fun

Oddly, it seemed as if you guys weren't overwelmed with any of the bikes. I have riden all of them and, although, the Ducati is not to my personal liking it stands out in this pack as the best overall machine. The Uly with its new improvements doesn't seem to have the punch it needs to play in the bunch, too me. The Beemer, as you said, feels vauge and with the extra weight I seem to be carrying these days that's not a good thing. I won't even "go there" with the Breva. It's new Adventure touring model sibling that's about to be released seems to be a better fit for this bunch. Anyway, nice write up guys and fix that [email protected] picture problem before these guys lose it. ;-)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Good God, B-bar change your sig and picture, that was one of the very few movies that well and truly creeped me out

And there you are living in an old farmhouse?.....hmmmm...big barn or basement no doubt eh?.......hmmmm
There's a torn "The Hills Have Eyes" poster on the wall and all sorts of chains hanging from the ceiling......

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's about time!

It's about time! I have been patiently waiting for this type of review for years. For me, I was on the fence between the Multistrada and the Ulysses. The day before this article was released, I decided to go for the Ulysses because it just plain fits me better, oh... and the almost non-existent maintenance requirements. Nice article, guys!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
I hope you got a good one...

It's about time! I have been patiently waiting for this type of review for years. For me, I was on the fence between the Multistrada and the Ulysses. The day before this article was released, I decided to go for the Ulysses because it just plain fits me better, oh... and the almost non-existent maintenance requirements. Nice article, guys!
...because my City X was trouble from day one. After 5K miles the top end got all carboned up, had to be replaced (?!?) and shortly thereafter, I got stuck in the grill of an SUV, and almost got replaced myself.

So good luck. They are neat bikes, dem Bools.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I'm believing in the best (as I have not taken delivery of it yet). My main concern is getting it serviced when necessary. I seem to see consistent comments regarding second-rate service from dealerships that would rather sell Harleys that service existing customers. We'll see.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
"Grab yer ankles an' take yer Servicin' like a MAN.......!"

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
What are you ridin' on?

Damn, you're never supposed to end a sentence with a preposition!

On what are you ridin'?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Yikes

Jeez, the various BMW R-R models used to be relative bargains. Now they are 13 grand and up and a center stand is extra? Why, that's just silly. All these bikes are over-priced for what you get.

Nice review, though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.