Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
I test rode one and loved it. I wasn't willing to sit on a waiting list though. Plus, the local dealers are charging full MSRP and are wheeling and dealing on Sport Classics.

It's a great bike and perhaps there will be one in my garage in the future. Tall guys (longride?) will love it.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Very cool bike, if that's your interest. Not my cup of tea.

Fonzie, outstanding photos in this article. I'm wondering if you guys were up before dawn or still out and about when the sun came up. Either way, nice work!

Kevin, if it was my Mom, the comment would be: "it's all fun and games until somebody loses their license."

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
I test rode one and loved it. I wasn't willing to sit on a waiting list though. Plus, the local dealers are charging full MSRP and are wheeling and dealing on Sport Classics.

It's a great bike and perhaps there will be one in my garage in the future. Tall guys (longride?) will love it.
Looks like a ripper. I'll have to drop by my local Duc dealer and see if they have one. I doubt there is a waiting list here, so maybe they will let me ride one. ;)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Not to poke at you, but how can it not be your cup of tea?
Sure, you're right, this is an awesome bike, and any new Ducati would be a huge blast to own. But, it's "not my cup of tea" in the sense that with a limited budget, and when considering a new bike to buy, it wouldn't be my choice. If I could afford two or three new bikes, then sure...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I'm 2/3 the weight of the bike. I'd have to do some serious dieting to get the most fun out of the thing. Sure does look fun, though. I'll be waiting for a nice used one in about 3 years- maybe I can get drop some lbs by then.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Shades of JB....great write up/test. Do you think Ducati might be offering one with an air shifter & retractable training wheels?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I love love love this Ducati (or at least the idea of having the money to afford it), but I think you're right. With the narrow focus of these motards, I would get that 690 SM and park it next to something more practical

·
Registered
722 Posts
After riding a friend's SV650 and doing wheelies all over the place on it, it occurs to me that a motard version might just be the perfect SM for the rest of us. That 650 engine is a gem. Come on Suzuki!

The Duc looks interesting but the Desmo hassle is a no go for this rider.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If one has the right roads nearby, like this one:

http://www.farson.com/hms/hmslom1.jpg

the HM is an absolute hoot. I'm OK with the tank range and have no issues with the stock seat, but the mirrors do have me scratchin me noggin. With the Termi exhaust, one could conceivably ride the thing just to hear the inimitable music only coming from a 2V air cooled Bologna l-twin.

Yes, probably not a bike if only one in the bar, but oh, what 2nd or 3rd bike.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Join a rather large club... Membership dues are cheap.
.......just a small down-payment of your Immortal Soul, then ten easy payments of only $19.95.........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.