Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Administrator
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
2007 EICMA Show

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article 2007 EICMA Show in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Yossef,
Once again, you deliver. Wish the Morinis would come here to mix it up a bit, sorry it's not. I was hoping to get a glimpse of the MV 675 triple. Triumph was a let down. I thought they'd have the 1500 twin ready by know. Also, the Rocket Tourer looks like a Road King standard. It's, maybe, too simple. Otherwise, it was nice to see some new Euro toys come to market.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
What's with Beemer and it's bizarro fairing on the F800? It looks like something out of Beetlegeuse. How fugly. The Germans really need to hire some Italians to help their styling... I guess you can call it styling. WWII German VW staff cars are their current inspiration. If you can call it that. Or maybe they are copying 1956 Frigidairs.

Funny, with all the over-the-top origami that the Japanese are tending towards, the what normally would be considered radical styling of the Aprilia hypermotard looks asolutely restrained. No one can style non-cruiser bikes better than the Italians. The Brits have been hitting some home runs too lately. Except for the ludicrous Rocket.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I think the Rocket tourer is an improvement over the standard rocket. I'm not a big fan of the looks of the standard rocket, but the tourer is at least cleaner looking.
If you've ever been on Raptors and Rockets, an artist named Luc1 did a sketch of a "dresser" style Rocket. Clean, swooping, yet sculpted lines that had a great flow to them front to back. That was nice. This was just plain. Not bad. Just plain. For some reason I was expecting more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
F650 vs F800

I think that woman is sitting on the new BMW F650GS, not the F800. Note the conventional forks and the single front disc.

Don't know. Unless there's a dumbed-down, "city" version of the F800.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I would like to see larger pictures of the bikes that are posted here. Why not a feature that will allow the picture to be hot with the click of a mouse?
This is something we're working on. For now, go into the photo gallery to see larger pics. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I think that woman is sitting on the new BMW F650GS, not the F800. Note the conventional forks and the single front disc.

Don't know. Unless there's a dumbed-down, "city" version of the F800.

Dave
Sharp eyes, Dave! You're correct, so we're changing the caption to reflect this point. Thanks for pointing this out.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
I thought the 650 was being cancled and replaced with the 800? Does this mean the 650 is staying? If so, I't looks like it has been redesigned a bit. Will the price be the same? Is it the same 650 as the previous model?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
mea culpa

The 800 and 650 are actually the same bike, mechanically speaking, the 650 IS actually a detuned 800cc..... As someone said here, it's really the dumbed down version. Twisted logic, I know, I know. We'll report on this scoot too.
-Yossef-

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.